Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Friendship between quilters

First I will thank you all for all your comments both on my blog and private mail. It is so nice to get in contact with you all. Quilting is a wonderful hobby. One of the things i appriciate most is the contact with other quilters. We are a big "quilting family". When I am travelling abroad I am always carrying one of my bags. I notice people are looking at me and often someone talks to me, wondering if I am a quilter. And we always have something to talk about. I have not been to many big quiltshows abroad.....yet. But I have been in Val D'Argent last year on Carrefour Européen du Patchwork where Norway was the guest of honour. And in Finland this year on the Northern Quilt Festival. Working both times as I am a in the board of the Norwegian Quilt Assosiation.

Quilting is therapy for me. Sometimes when life is not so good, quilting has helped me a lot. Playing with colours, patterns and shapes feels so good. And it is medicin. Even though it's a disease......SMILE......I hope they find no cure for this.

Julia made me join the ChainofHearts group. And now I have made the background for three hearts. I will start embellish them after work today. I'm looking forward to swap them.
Debbie told me about her toad as a "pet" instead of a cat LOL. Elizabet told me she did not have any cat, but a boyfriend and a housemate, both tame and housetrained. Do they count she asked. Yes indeed, they count......is he is tame. The language I also writing in is not swedish, but norwegian (but they are quite similar). I do not have had time to respond on every comment, but I appriciate them all.

A picture of my prepared ChainsofHearts. Start embellishing after work.


A picture of my sewing room. I enjoy staying here between all my mess. But it's a creative mess. I do not think any quilter has a clean tidy room...........or do they??? I'm happy finding my rotary cutter and fabric, and find a space to iron.


11 comments:

Hanne said...

It depends on what you call a mess May Britt :-)
I usually have a 15 minutes mess - a mess I can take care of in 15 minutes, you know, in case non-quilting company is coming.
Do you have plans for the crazy hearts - are they for swapping one on one ?
I sure enjoyed working on your Crazy Quilt heart in the RR.

The Calico Cat said...

Your room is considerably tidy...

I like the crazy hearts...

jpquilter said...

I am with you on the creative mess - sometimes when I have cleaned up my sewing room, I get stalled because I don't want to mess it up - I find it is better for my creativity to just leave the mess and get some quilting done - I can always close the door

Ati said...

Hei May Britt, Du har heldigvis aldri sett sybordet mitt. LOL.
Din er meget, meget ryddig! Velkommen til COH group, det blir masse post neste måned.
Hilsen, Ati.

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Just discovered your blog! I read that you're going to quilt with friends - have a wonderful time - I just got back and had a blast. I'll be back to read everything.

Love that sewing room!

abeautifulcraft said...

Beautiful hearts,look forwards to swapping with you sometime in the future. Enjoyed reading your blog .... and seeing all your gorgeous creations!

sharonb said...

I think your sewing room has a lovely feel to it - nice a cosy yet everything there

Jo in NZ said...

May, your 'naked' hearts look delightful. I love the way you ladies from that part of the world (do you call yourselves european?) put your colours together.

Libby said...

Just found your blog. Love the photo of your room -- it looks like a happy place to work, lots of inspiration and stimulation.
Our kitty, Dizzy, has been gone almost one year now. He was almost 16 years old and looked very much like your girl. Long, black fur and green eyes. We also have a dog that is my constant companion. She is such a good helper and loves to put her "paw" of approval on my blocks when they are spread out on the floor.

Ribbonwiz said...

Love your sewing room...of course you can not be creative without making a creative mess,,that is the best kind of mess!

pat winter said...

Your sewing space looks so fun! Inviting and interesting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails