Friday, November 03, 2006

An angel story

One thing I enjoy in the morning is reading all the blogs. A lot of things happends when I am asleep. Today Julia at Cammilles place showed Millie the quilting angel. And this was a reminder of my blocks from the book "An angel story". I love this cute angels. I had forgotten all about them.

Meet Charlotte the Shopper, Becky the Bookworm and Hettie at the Hatshop.

Meet Harriet the Homebody and Best friends Zoe and Prudence.

Meet Dimity the dreamer.

Meet Sophia the Social Butterfly. I was working on her when I put the box away and forgot all about them.

Am I the only one working on things, then put them away in a box and forgets all about it?????? I do not think I will make the whole quilt. I have no room for it. But perhaps I can use them for other things. Maybe a small wallhanging, pillows or a bag. They are too cut to stay in a box. But not today.

Now I will finish my bad conscience for Synnøve. I have her crazy RR which I am doing the last round on now. She have waited too long for me to return it to her. But I promise I will finish it today and send it. I show you later what I have embellished. And then I will work on the Gratitude quilt step 2 and 3. Feeling better today, but I am glad I used my common sense and stayed at home instead of travelling to Trondheim this weekend.

16 comments:

Jodie said...

I have a copy of Angel Story from a friend, but haven't done any of it. I particularly like "Charlotte the Shopper" as I have a daughter called Charlotte. I shall put it on the to do list!

Jodie

Marita BK said...

Så nydelig! Dette blir moro å følge med på :o) God helg - og god bedring!

Hedgehog said...

Sorry the trip didn't work out. Those angels are super cute.

Cynthia said...

i love those blocks. One of the girls from the Friday craft group that is also participating in the Friendship block swap chose to have everyone make one of those blocks for her. I made the angel that is standing beside a table with a teapot on it. I chose that one as i love teapots.

So glad you're feeling better.

Caron said...

Oh, I LOVE your angels!!! Those are adorable. I've never seen the book... I'll have to get it.

I love your blog. I added it to my blog reader. I'm in Michigan (USA). My quilting blog doesn't have much in it... it's at http://www.quilter.realtownblogs.com . I also work as a real estate agent.

Shelina said...

These angels are so cute! I hadn't seen them before. You are right, they are too cute to be put back into hiding.
I have done that too - forgotten about old projects. I keep telling myself that one day I won't have any old forgotten projects, because I will finish what I start, but that hasn't happened yet!

Anonymous said...

Wow those are all so cute (I also "lose" things in bags and boxes...) I don't understand how you don't have room for a "big" quilt, but you do have room for quite a few small things? You "could" do a big quilt and then fold it and place it on the top of a piece of furniture...

I always go big when given the choice/opportunity - 1 big thing for me is easier to finish that several small things.

BTW I like the crazy block that you worked on too.

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Oh my goodness, May, those angels are adorable. I've never seen the book = such a terrific variety of angels with themes. Thank you for pulling them out of hiding and sharing them. I hope that you get back to working on them.

Nina In Norway said...

There is one angel missing so far....and that is you. Isn't there an May-Britt angel with a busy needle?

Nancy said...

I love your angels and agree they deserve better than to languish in a box forgotten. If you don't want a large quilt then maybe take what you have and make a wall or lap quilt. Or use them for several smaller projects. Would even make cute gifts done as individual small pieces.

Libby said...

Oh such sweet angels and personalities to go with them. I have to admit I have some projects that I very much love, but have been pushed into a box. The good thing is they wait patiently until I remember and bring them out again *s*

Melzie said...

Ok I see that you having similar weather but more extreme :) BRRR :) Love the snow but thats alot. Our pipes freeze every winter that I hate. Love the angels! I am the bookworm and homebody ones ;) xoxo melzie

Pam said...

Oh - they are so cute - they would make a great little wall hanging.

I always put stuff away and forget all about. It is so much fun to find it years later. If it wasn't for my bad memory I would have no memory at all!

Anonymous said...

May, those angels are adorable.
I think my Millie is from the same book...I just called her Millie because I thought she looked like a Millie..

Tracey said...

May, you got me good with your angels. Oh dear...how adorable are they??? I'm afraid that I"m going to have to buy that book.
Question: are you using needleturn applique or buttonhole or.....?
TOO CUTE!!

TilkkuSatu said...

I have been reading your blog for some time now, you have made really nice things. I did like sewing those angels :) I made the whole quilt for my daughter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails