Thursday, November 21, 2013

Wonderful Shipshewana


Arrived Shipshewana at Tuesday by noon and I fell in love with this small town right away.


Pretzels at Jo Jo's. They are so tasty.


Then over to Lollies where we met some quilting friends. This is a wonderful quiltshop. Loads of inspiration. Visited this quilt shop several times already, and I know I'm going to spend more time there before going home





Love this little town and are enjoying our daily walks.


Amish food is delicious and I love their pais.


Got a ride with two sweet ladies to visit Carolyns quilting cottage.


Two wonderful ladies helped us around in the shop.



Look at this sign, it is so true. I'm having another day in paradise.





I earned my red shopping crown, got the royal bow and had a lot of laughing. We even wear the crowns out eating lunch.


Wednesday evening was the opening of the Dear Jane reatreat. This hotel has quilts hanging all over the walls.  And this buggy in front of the conference hall is welcoming the ladies to the reatreat.


120 ladies have come to this reatreat. Some far away from Australia, Belgium, Great Britain, Canada, and from all over Americ. And then there is me and Hanne from Norway. The ladies in this room are working on som amazing quilts. And I have met a lot of wonderful ladies. Having a great time and there is still more to come.



Shipshewana is decorated for Christmas. Love it.

11 comments:

mary truax said...

glad you are enjoying your visit. hope you have a large suitcase for the return trip.

Nana's Quilts said...

This looks just wonderful. I am happy that you survived the big storms and now can get busy with quilting.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm glad you all are having a wonderful time - it makes me wish I was there too. All decorated for Christmas makes it even more special - I hope you brought along an extra suitcase I know fabric is a lot less expensive here than in Norway!

Grethe said...

Dere er virkelig I drømmeland! Mye vitamin Q, ser jeg, lykke til videre med opplevelsene:))

Rita Tjelta said...

Veldig kjekt å følge med hvordan du og følget ditt har det. Det må jo være en drøm å få være med på noe slikt!! Kos dere videre :D

terriquilts said...

Have a great time! I love Caroline's Cottage Cottons; one of my favorite quilts shops, although I don't get there often!

moosecraft said...

Another grand day! Love those red crowns! And pretzels.... yum!

Mitt lille rosa syrom said...

For en drømmeferie! Kos dere masse! Kjenner jeg er bittelitt misunnelig her...

Judith said...

I absolutely love your blogpost! Enjoythe rest of your stay!

Beverley said...

So pleased you and Hanne are having a good time.

Carole said...

Aren't you having a wonderful time! Thank you for taking the time to share with us! Cheers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails