Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy Easter

10169417_728356733881655_6596945368908449728_n

This easter holiday started with me on a sickleave from work with a very bad elbow and shoulder.  So it was so nice to just relax together with my children and DIL last weekend.  A lot of brick games, laughter and fun.  Sunday we went for a little walk at the museum.  Here they are standing in front of the house my grandparents lived in and where my father grew up.  Long time ago this house was given to the museum and it is fun to visit it and just imagine how the lived there.  I have not experienced the house myself, but heard a lot of stories.

10175991_729297080454287_3005745491561058490_n

Tuesday morning baking sun buns. 

1897934_729353167115345_3640096379307507119_n

It has become a tradition that Hanne is coming for some days and the sun buns is a must.

10007480_730099103707418_3581867641888219506_n

Rain, cold wind and clouded most of the time so far in the easter.  But we got some minutes out in the sun stitching and eating sun buns. 

003

I have been a clever girl and relasing my elbow and shoulder.  Just done some easy sewing.  Needleturn is easy sewing and I finished applique the outher border on my Aunt Sarah’s quilt.  Hope to baste it soon, but I will not start quilting it until my arm is ok again.

007

Finished this sewing purse.  Sewed it together when I was at the cabin two weeks ago.  Just had to sew down the binding inside it.  This is the front…

008

and this is the back.  It is based upon a pattern in Annie Downs new book.  It was originally a bag with stitcheries, hexagons and felt applique, but I made my own version by combining the stitcheries together on the front and having hexagons on the back.  I really like it, and look forward to show Annie it in a couple of weeks.

009

I finished sewing all the needed log cabin blocks when I was at the cabin two weeks ago.  So happy all 80 blocks are done now, because the last 20 were boooooring to sew.

010

Now I have puzzled the blocks together and marked the rows with number.  Ready to sew them together when I go to another cabin trip in two weeks.

014

With no needleturn beside me in my sewing chair I had to pull out a box to find a new needleturn project to work on.  Long time ago I started Sue Daleys “It takes two”, so it really deserves to come out in my sewing corner again.

013

But one guy thought different.  He wanted to cuddle up in my lap and get som  attention.  And he won…….of course.

015

Picking out some fabric for two projects.  One (the fabrics at the top) will not be started before I receive the book I have ordered……and finished some old ones (big or small, it doesn’t matter).  And the other one (the fabrics at the bottom) is something I am already stitching on. 

The sun is shining today, but so far it is a very cold wind.  Hope it gets better during the day, because I want to sit out on the porch with my coffee and sewing.

Saying for today:

bdd328645a31a78d861ca25a729570af

12 comments:

Hanne said...

Thanks for lovely days and yummy sun buns :-)
Your projects are lovely!

Quilting Stories said...

Happy Easter to you, I would love to taste your sun buns!Beautiful projects!

Marienne said...

Happy Easter to you & your family,those sun buns look sooo good you really need to share the receipe please lol

Susan said...

I hope the sun shines some more for you soon. Your projects are lovely, especially Aunt Sarah and your gorgeous purse. All very beautiful.

Christine B said...

Wow! What beautiful projects you are finishing up! Love your little Anni Downs purse and your sun buns look delicious! Happy Easter! :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes I think I must make a log cabin quilt again - I have made at least four of them over the years but I do love them. Your grandparents house to the museum is such a great idea! that must be lovely to go look at it with family what a great way to preserve it.

margaret said...

sorry to read about your elbow and shoulder, hope it is back to normal soon.How good to see where your dad grew ip and that it is now a museuum. So many things you have shared today, the one that really caught my eye is the Anni Downs purse, what new book i ask myself so popped over to amazon and all they have by her is a spanish one, wonder if that is what you have,Log cabin blocks will look amazing as a quilt. have a lovely Easter

Radka said...

Happy Easter, May Britt!I hope you will be fit again soon :-)
xx

Ondrea said...

Happy Easter to you too May. I hope your shoulder and arm are okay. Should you be stitching at the moment? I love all your beautiful projects and I think Anni will love what you have done with her pattern. Try not to overdo the stitching with your arm.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

May Britt what amazinbg projects you are working on.....Happy Easter

Ulla's Quilt World said...

The quilts are so lovely! :)
Hugs, Ulla

Jeanne said...

Your projects are all beautiful! Especially love Aunt Sarah's quilt.

Related Posts with Thumbnails