Sunday, April 26, 2015

A quilt weekend at the cabin

P1090296

Thursday evening after work I went to the cabin at Evensberget to meet up with some other quilting friends. Four of them had already arrived wednesday, and I picked up another and came thursday evening.  Lots of projects in our bags, sewingmachines, good food and some wine. Met my neighbour when packing my stuff in the car, and he asked if I was moving LOL. But quilters always pack enough to be safe.

P1090282

Sewingmachine on the table at once when I arrive. My goal was to do a lot of sewing on my triangle frame for my Phebe quilt.

P1090284P1090285

One of the girls had brought with her a new ruler that was tested.

P1090287

And some of the girls made these lovely tablerunners.  Think I have to try out this ruler one day.

P1090288

P1090291

P1090292

As you see a lot of things was done these days at the cabin.

P1090294

I had brought with me my Natures Journey as handsewing project, and I got a lot of blocks done.

P1090306

And manage to sew a lot of triangles.  5 of 8 rows are done. 

P1090298

Then it was time to go home. Always sad to leave the cabin. But we are coming back in august.

Saying for today:

9807e102eaf5907b417d8c7168c9d8bb

9 comments:

Unknown said...

merci pour les photos ... c'est superbe de tels moments avec ses amies ..(thank you for the pictures ... it's beautiful such moments with her friends)
a bientot
Marie Claude

Karen said...

A wonderful time spent with your sewing machine and special friends - perfect weekend. Love your applique blocks and that border you worked on - those are pretty tiny. I just got back from retreat with friends as well and didn't accomplish as much as I had hoped - but sure had fun.
Hugs - Karen

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is so nice to have a cabin to go to and meet friends and quilt for several days. it looks like a nice peaceful place to be.

Chookyblue...... said...

a productive time away........always lovely to join some girls sewing......I see some NJ blocks there too..........looking good......

Yvonne W said...

Always such a lovely time together with like-minded friends. You certainly achieved a lot of sewing. I usually just manage a lot of chatting and not much sewing at these gatherings!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lucky girls x

Susan said...

So much progress made, you all did really well. Lots of inspiration to keep you going for the weekend.

Susan said...

So much progress made, you all did really well. Lots of inspiration to keep you going for the weekend.

Ondrea said...

So many beautiful projects. I love the round one with the squirrels. Lots of fun, sewing and food.

Related Posts with Thumbnails