For some time now my Phebe quilt has been in a box, but I have decided to give my focus on this one again. I have come too far to just keep it in a box. I have finished the last eight sawtooth borders. They were so boring to sew, although they was easy to make because I did foundation paper sewing.
This weekend I started to sew border #10. Followed Hannes advice sewing it this way. And it went so fast.
Sewed all four sides today. Now I pray that they will fit the rest of the quilt. But the measurements says that they will. Cross my fingers.
I took Hannes advice to handquilt a cople of threads each day. This quilt has been on my shelf for a long long time. Two weeks ago I started to handquilt a few threads each day, and today I finished quilting all the blocks in this quilt. Never again I will use this kind of cotton batting, and never never again will I spray glue baste when I am going to hand quilt. It is too hard for my arms.
Now I will start handquilting the scallop border. I see the end of this quilt. And I have already planned next quilt I am going to handquilt. But that one will have silk batting which I LOVE to handquilt with.
Focus projects the comming week:
Add the borders to my Phebequilt.
Handquilt a few threads on my Antique Sampler Quilt each day
Do a few threads on my stitchery each day
Saying for today: