Sunday, May 08, 2016

A wonderful warm and sunny weekend


This long weekend has been wonderful.  The sun has been shining and I have spendt a lot of time out on the porch.  Today we are celebrating the Norwegian Liberation day.


I have done all the applique on my Christmasquilt (which is a very old UFO).  And early this morning I sewed on the binding.  But it has been to hot to have this big quilt in my lap to sew down the binding.  So I save the binding for colder days, or warm nights out on the porch.



 I am so happy it is finished (well..... almost finished) and this one will bring back a lot of good memories of my mother now.  Looking forward to have it up on my wall next Christmas.


It has been the warmest day this year so far and I needed some easy sewing.  Looking throught my boxes I found this UFO.  Do not understand why I put it aside, because I really like these blocks.  It is from Carolyn Konigs book Creating Heirlooms.


36 blocks was already done.  A lot of blocks prepped ready to be finished.  Happy sewing.

Saying for today:


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lovely christmas quilt

Debra @ Life is a Stitch said...

Very lovely Christmas quilt!! And glad to hear it's warming up for you, finally!!
Nice new/UFO. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails