Sunday, July 05, 2009

A hot weekend

There has been a very very hot week and this weekend my friend Irene and I went to her cabin to relax and hoping for a little swim in the lake. First we went to the lake nearby her cabin, but when we walked out into the water it was sooooooooooooo freezing cold. We were told there had been 24 C in the water, but this time I guessed it was not warmer than 14 C. As one of the sunbaders on the beach said....there was thin ice on the water. Disapointed, because we did not dear to swim in the water, we went back to the cabin............still hot .

But then we thought of the river running nearby her cabin. Perhaps try for a bath there. And so we did............and the water was so warm. Not very deep, but we was able to chill off the heat. We went back into the water early this morning even though it was only 15 C in the air and starting to rain........(norwegian vikings LOL)

Today when driving home from the cabin we drove by Laila for a little visit. And of course we had to have an inspection in her sewingroom. I am so happy I'm not the only one with a lot of projects. We get new ideas all the time.

New ideas, new projects...............I started on a new one this weekend too. Leanne Beasleys new pattern in Homespun. I was so lucky that someone sendt me the pattern and I love it. Leanne is visiting Norway in september, but I am so busy this month so I will not be able to attend to her workshops in Trondheim. I wish I could.
Saying for today:
Make today something
to smile about tomorrow


14 comments:

Laila said...

Hi. Thanks for the little visit- I love a little input of vitamin Q. Hope to see you again soooon.
Hugs :-)

Val said...

Don't you just enjoy a great little get away. We just stayed in a cabin last week and loved every minute of it.

Sandy in Buenos Aires said...

I'm jealous! I'm a city girl and I'd love to live with all those green surroundings and be able to bathe in a river during weekends!!!
Have a nice day!
Hugs,
Sandy

Cattinka said...

Lucky you! You seem to have had a wonderful weekend and you have such nice friends.
KATRIN W.

Elin said...

Veldig spennande å titte på andre sine sy-rom! Mitt syrom var nyrydda for ei veke sidan, i dag er det bomba igjen, endå eg nesten ikkje har vore heime...! Gledeleg at eg fekk heim symaskina frå service etter berre ei lita veke.
Eg har ikkje prøvd å bade enda i sommar, men har høyrt at det er kaldt i fjorden trass i gradestokk på land som har vist rundt 30. I dag har vi eit litt anna verlag her, håpar sommaren ikkje forlet oss på lenge enda.
Ha ei fin veke!

Karin said...

Oh it looks like you had alot of fun. And it always great to stop at a friends house for visiting.

Stina Blomgren said...

Always nice with a good swim.. but it looked if it wsnt so deep where you were..:o)))
Nice to pay Laila a visit.. Im sure you are so filled with lots and lots of Vitamin Q!!!! But I am going to the class with Leanne and I will tell you all about it..promise!!!! :O))))

Teresa said...

The water does look refreshing. I would be scared to cool off in the river here - too many snakes around. I love the view out your friend's window!

Unknown said...

I don´t have to worry about being to hot outside!

suz said...

Looks like you had a nice visit. We've had cold, rainy weather all spring and so far this summer - although this past weekend was wonderful! I almost forgot what blue skies and sun looked like! What a smart idea to get so much work prepped in advance. No wonder you accomplish so much. You are so organized!

Merete said...

Får håpe vi får flere slike varme deilige dager i sommer, til o gmed jeg har badet i år...Alltid morsomt å starte på nye prosjekt:-)

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey May Britt! Oh how I wish I was having your heatwave!! My favourite temperature range is between 25 and 35!! Comes from growing up in the bush, I guess. Tee! Hee! Hee! And I would NOT have been swimming in that chilly water - BRRRR!! Your house stitchery is already looking fabulous - can't wait to see it finished - another OPAM finish, perhaps!! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS

Grethe said...

Herlig med sommer og sol. Har badet hver dag i over en uke - kjempe deilig.
Hyggleig å titte innom syrommet ditt, jeg har litt for mange påbegynte arbeider rundt om på syrommet - så ryddig er det ikke.
Ønkser deg forsatt fin sommer :0)

Kim Brackett said...

The water looks great. And I love your saying for today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails