Sunday, February 19, 2012

A lot done during the weekend

006007009010

Yesterday I packed a big bag full of quilt tops, batting and backings. Going to the canteen at my work I planned to baste a lot of quilts.  Big tables makes it easy to baste.  If I had done it at home I would have been crawling around at the floor.  My friend Bjørg also came over and basted some of her big quilts. Now I have five quilts ready to be quilted.  And I am going to machine quilt every one of them.

011

Was a little bit scared starting to machin quilt my Summer Blooms, but I am quite pleased with how it have turned out during the day.  Soon I will try to make more swirls on my quilting. 

015

When Rusken has not been outdoors in the snow and sunshine, he have joined me in the sewingroom.  But I guess he thinks I have been making to much noice today, with sewingmachine buzzing all day.

016

Now I have only the outher border left to quilt. It has been so fun quilting today, but I feel it in my shoulder now. 

017

So the rest of the evening I will just relax ,watching tv and stitching on my new project Scandinavian Christmas.

Saying for today:

The best vitamin to
be a happy person
is B1. 
~Author Unknown

Together with a big doze of vitamin Q
My own adding

27 comments:

Hanne said...

Well done - you have been very busy :-)

Laila said...

Well one you clever girl :-)

Los Retales De Mi Abuela said...

Precioso, como todo, y tu gatito también.
Me encanta todo lo que coses.
Un beso desde España.
Carmen

Debbie said...

These are beautiful!!

LeKaQuilt said...

Du har mange flotte prosjekter på gang her - spesielt det du quilter på, det liker jeg veldig godt :o)
Herlig bilde av Rusken, oppå symaskina......den gutten, den gutten......

Ineke said...

That's a lot of work done indeed! Your Summer Blooms are quilted beautiful.

Anonymous said...

WOW ! You've done such a GREAT job, indeed ! Feels good, doesn't it ? ;>)

XOXOXOXO
NADINE

Tone Yvonne said...

Deilig å ha fått unna masse!

Teppet du quilter blir veldig bra. Greit å ta en liten del av gangen, spesielt dersom du plages i skuldrene...

Rusken er som vanlig helt herlig!!

Kjekt med forskjellige prosjekter, litt til hvert sitt bruk :D

Ha en fortsatt god søndagskveld!

klem

sjoko said...

Bare nyyyydelig !

De said...

wow! what an effort for a weekend.

Nana's Quilts said...

What a busy girl you have been. And now it will be fun (and perhaps a bit challenging) to finish up all those quilt tops. But doesn't it make you feel like you have accomplished so much! Good for you!!!!

2ne said...

Så godt og ha bord og gjøre denne jobben på. Lykke til med all quiltingen - det ser flott ut :-)

Lynda said...

What a huge weekend May Britt - your quilting looks beautiful.

Wenche said...

I wish I could do the same thing. My floor space isn't big enough for my big quilts :(
These "new" words are a pia :(

Karmen said...

Good work!

Mary said...

Your quilting looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

May Britt you did have a fantastic weekend, they all look so good..

Ondrea said...

That quilting is really looking good. Love the applique in progress too.

Frances Leate said...

What a very busy girl you have been and congratulations on doing your own machine quilting. I like to listen to audio books while I machine quilt and it makes the time pass very quickly, particularly when you are doing lots of ditch stitching. Take care.

Pokey said...

that was ood use of your weekend time! Your quilted one is very pretty. I like the picture of your kitty on the sewing machine, it brought a smile!
:-}pokey

Grethe said...

Oj,Oj,supert altså,så veldig fin quilting på Summer Blooms,og SC i turn-under,flott:-) God bedring med skulderen!

Siri said...

Så utrolig mye fint du lager!! Hilsen Siri:-)

Angie Burrett said...

Well done, I am Very impressed! Love the cat - your little helper, they just love to get involved too, curiosity! The quilts are gorgeous and you have quilted them beautifully. A productive weekend!

Anne Heidi said...

Å her var det mye fint å se- så flink du har vært!

Leneslines said...

Hei. Masse fint her:) Lite spørsmål - du bruker spraylim til basting? Hvordan unngår du at den sprayer i resten av rommet også? Og hvor lenge kan en quilt ligge før jeg må quilte den?

Sparky said...

Lovely stitching you do beautiful work

Carole said...

Well done on the machine quilting! Nothing to it! ;o) Love the quilt! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails