Been testing my new log cabin ruler. And I know several of my near friends are laughing now, because I had several telephones and sms about the use of ths ruler. I had to do some thinking and that was not easy when it started to get close to bedtime. But at last I started to rotary cut some stripes to make a test block.
I have sewed a couple of testblocks just to test the seam allowance on my sewingmachine. I have to adjust the needle to get the exact 1/4 inch seam allowance. That is the one problem with my Janome sewingmachine, it does not give the exact 1/4 inch seam allowance when I turn it on. I guess using the 1/4 inch foot also make me having to adjust the needle. But now I have figured it out, and have taped a note on my sewingmachine to remember each time to adjust my seam allowance.
Now it’s the time to open this package of new fabrics, find some more fabrics from my stash to give the log cabin quilt the look I want. I guess there have to add some red in this quilt to make it mine. You all know I just LOVE red. Have to do a lot of rotary cutting stripes the next days.
But still my frist priority is sewing these baskets,
Saying for today: