Sunday, February 24, 2013

Winter quilting vacation

001

I have spendt my winter vacation at the cabin with two good quilting friends.  We have sewed all day and night (eh….okey….the two others sewed almost all night……while I was sleeping LOL)  I really needed some days just with relaxing and sewing.  It has been so hectic at work latel so this was a really needed vacation.

003

I had as usual brought with me a lot of projects, but one of the projects I chose to work on was to do a lot of quilting on my basket quilt.  So relaxing to handquilt while chatting with the two other ladies.

006

We had agreed to sew more log cabin blocks this weekend.  Some time ago we all bought the same fabric kit, but we had to add more fabric from our own stash.  So I guess all four log cabin quilts are going to be so different.  My log cabin quilt is slowly growing.  45 blocks made so far, still have 35 more to make. 

Saying for today:

68352_440559309336392_1116726276_n

14 comments:

Liv Aagot's Quilt Blog said...

What a nice holiday, May Britt :) sewing day and night with good friends sounds great! Lovely results too!

evaj said...

En sådan semester är rena rama vitamininjektionen!!Bambikram

bodilshobby.blogg.no said...

Det høres ut som en perfekt vinterferie. Og det er nydelige quilter som tar form, både kurvene og log cabin. Ha en fin uke!

Catarina C said...

Vilka underbara färger du har i din blivande Log Cabin-kvilt och vilken härlig vecka du har haft! Kram

Cathy said...

I love your baskets. I've seen them in blue but I really love your red ones. Log cabin blocks are one of my favorite quilts. I love the colors. Hugs

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds perfect

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

The log cabin blocks look great all together! :)

suz said...

Don't you love going off with friends and sewing without having to worry about housework and errands! Your basket quilt is going to be so lovely! The colors in your log cabin blocks are wonderful and I like the setting you are using.

Karen said...

Sounds like the perfect getaway - quilting and friends :). It looks beautiful where you were taking a walk. That log cabin quilt will be stunning when your done - love the colors so far :). Keep plugging along with the basket quilt - you'll be done before you know it.
Hugs- Karen

“Old World Goodies” said...

I know by now, you are ready for some spring/summer like weather but it is OOOHHHHH so beautiful and Iam happy you had a great and relaxing time at he cabin.
Thanks for sharing

jesop84 said...

Both of these quilts are absolutely beautiful. I hope you had a nice winter holiday.

Ondrea said...

I hope you have a great time away with your friends. I love your log cabin blocks, the colours are lovely. Your basket quilt is coming along nicely. Looking forward to seeing it quilted.

LuAnn said...

It looks like a wonderful place for a sewing retreat with friends,and your baskets and log cabins are two of my favorite blocks. Have a fun time!

Wendy said...

Such a nice holiday with a couple of quilting friends. I love the red baskets, both things I really love, reds and baskets.

Related Posts with Thumbnails