Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Growing hexagon flowers

 

I have got my camera back home from service.  Doing a happy dance because I have missed it.  Now it is fixed and as good as new. But I have a new camera at top on my wish list. 

003

Since my last post I have been prepping a lot of hexagons for Aunt Sarahs quilt.  I’ve had a lot of emails asking which pattern it was.  The quilt is called Aunt Sarah and I found it in Quiltmania number 82 from 2011.

006

My hexagon flowers are growing.  I have prepped a lot of hexagons, but I still have many more to prepp.  I love working on this quilt.  Love the colours I have picked from my old stash of fabric.  Looks like this will be a quilt made just from my scraps of fabric.

Saying for today:

1005286_598112460220464_909215771_n

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have been cutting hexies today as well - have fun!

Melody said...

Hope you have heaps of fun with your hexies

Susan said...

Prepping hexies is such satisfying work.

margaret said...

how I love to sew hexies but the preparation is so off putting, seriously thinking about a big shot machine but do not think I can justify the outlay.

bodilshobby.blogg.no said...

Kjempefine hexagon-blomster. Gleder meg til å se teppet ta form.

Mireille said...

for years i'm a silent reader of your blog, love to see your work and pictures, and i enjoy hexies also,

greetings from the Netherlands
Mireille

Stina Blomgren said...

Wow May Britt...

Har varit helt underbart att se dina sista blogginlägg...fantastiska saker gjorda och kul med sällskap av Hanne!!! Kul att se nåldynan färdig också....:0))
Härligt att se att du njutit av sommaren!! Kram
kviltstina at gmail dot com

mascanlon said...

I have started a hexie project too but it is using the large ones...my flowers are finishing about 5 in. Are you glue basting May Britt? Do they stay put well enough that way? I am thinking that would cut my project time way down! As usual, these are so lovely.

Related Posts with Thumbnails