Sunday, December 01, 2013

1.st sunday in advent

1467257_656931384357524_497144269_n

Advent is one of my favorite days.  I have lit the first candle today and had a quiet moment this morning reflecting over how thankful I am having my family and my friends.  You are the best.

029

Early this morning I opened my adventcalendars.  I have three this year.  One from Hanne and one from Nancy. Both having gifts that is going to opened the sundays in advent.

032

And one calendar box from my daughter.  I am told to pull out a little paper each day from this box.
This is an adventcalendar made from the heart that costs nothing.

036

From Nancy I got a knittet wash cloth and from Hanne I got a cute pattern.  Thank you both.

035

And the first little piece of paper that I picked from the advent calendar box from my daughter had these words:  “Thank you for always being there for me, regardless!”

Wish you all a pieceful advent time.  Take care and give eachother an advent hug.

Saying for today:

558badba741579e0cfc3f4558e320a11

10 comments:

Dollandesign said...

På Dina bilder ser jag en fin löpare som Du har på Ditt bord!

Dollandesign

Nana's Quilts said...

And a Very Happy Advent to you, as well. I have a daily advent calendar and today got to open the first window.

Susan said...

Lovely advent calendars, especially the idea from your daughter, very precious.

julieQ said...

Happy Advent to you!! Such pretty candles!

Ondrea said...

Some lovely gifts and beautiful candles. I think the best gift of all is the one from your daughter. Such an angel.

margaret said...

how nice that you do this in advent,the advent calenders we get here are for children will look out for adult ones next year as it is a lovely idea.

suz said...

lovely Advent gifts - the one from your daughter is wonderful!

Janet said...

Did you do the handanger embroidery on the doily under the advent candles? It's very pretty!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Such pretty hardanger under your candle tray.

Carole said...

What a beautiful tradition! Glad to read that you made it back safely! Cheers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails