Sunday, February 23, 2014

The final Olympic sewing

Last day of the Olympic games 2014.  Just waiting for the closing cermony to start.  It has been ups and downs in Sochi, but I am so proud of the Norwegians.  11 gold medals, 5 silver medals and 10 bronce medals, total of 26 medals is amazing.

A lot has been going on in my sewing room too.  No gold medals for me (that had to be a finish) but I think I got a lot of silver medals in doing good progress on several of my olympic projects.

004

This was not one of the projects I had picked, but when I discovered that Annie Downs is coming to Norway in May for a one day class (which I of course have joined) I decided to pull these stitcheries out of the box.  The one to the left was half done, and the one to the right was not started.  Now they are both stitched and I just have to look for two frames.

014

I have finished all stitcheries on this one.  When starting to sew on the borders I discovered I had too little fabric. Luckily I found it in a shop and it is washed and ready to be sewn on.  Still have some hexagons to applique.

016

My plan was to go for gold with hand quilting my Antique Sampler quilt, but my shoulders refused.  But 1/3 is quilted.

012

Guess this is the project that got my focus these last days.  When all applique was done I started to rotary cut all the fabric.  And then I just had to start to sew some parts together, and then the quilt was growing and growing.  I could not stop sewing.  Originally this quilt is done in English Paper Pieceing, but I wanted to do by sewing machine.  I really love the look of this.

013

Now I am waiting for the closing cermony to start.  And enjoying sewing some blocks together.

Saying for today:

0c62db872fa5db4b5aabfecc080d9771

16 comments:

Mary said...

I love the hexies with embroidery. Would you share the name of the pattern and maker? I really want to do this one, thank you so much.

mary

Mary said...

I love the hexies with embroidery. Would you share the name of the pattern and maker? I really want to do this one, thank you so much.

mary

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

i love your hexies framing the embroidery. Also that diamond quilt with the applique is a favorite

TLC said...

Great Olympic stitching! Can't believe it's all over already. I might just join you with a glass of wine. ;-D

NADINE said...

Medal or not, you just did a GREAT job, and that's the most important. congratulations *Ü*
LOVE LOVE that new diamonds quilt, it has that Jane Austen feeling...
XOXOXOXO
NADINE

PS : nice new banner, too!

Quilting Stories said...

Bravo to the Norvegian athlets, and bravo to you for your courage on such a difficult quilt!

Christine B said...

Beautiful stitching even if you didn't achieve a gold! You certainly deserve that glass of wine and congratulations to the Norwegian Olympic Team, they had a fabulous Winter Olympics!!

Hanne said...

Well done with your projects :-)

Melody said...

Lovely projects

Leanne said...

Beautiful projects May Britt, I love all of them.

Susan said...

Such lovely projects. The antique sampler is beautiful.

~JoAnn~ said...

Oh m th you have been busy let me see how much did I get done over the time of the Olympics ZERO yes nothing got done at all. You did very well. Blessings joann

Christine M said...

What gorgeous projects.

margaret said...

you have shared some lovely stitchery with us today, Anni Downes designs are always beautiful, I am sure you will have a lovey time on her course. The hexies look wonderful, think I will have to have a go at doing a cushion using this pattern

Ondrea said...

I have stitched those 2 Annie Downs' patterns and love them. I am not surprised you have a sore shoulder with all the stitching, applique and quilting you have been doing. All those quilts are soooo lovely. Take care of yourself. Angel hugs

Rosemary Youngs said...

I have enjoyed seeing your beautiful projects and you definitely are making a lot of progress

Related Posts with Thumbnails