Sunday, February 02, 2014

Training camp weekend

003

This weekend Hanne visited me and we had a sewing room training camp. And of course she challenged me to have some finishes.  First two I picked was a toilet bag that I made in a class wiht Hanne several years ago (loooooong time ago) and a drawstring bag I made also a looooooooooong time ago.  Just a few little details left before they was finished, so why I have put them in the UFO drawer I have no idea.

004

First finish took about three minutes.  Just had to pull the cord through the linings.  Easy peasy to do with one of my favorite tools. It is called the Easy Threader and is perfect for pulling cords.

005

Second finish was the toilet bag. Just had to sew down two short bindings inside the bag.  Took be about one hour (with a lot of chatting and coffee ).  Voila……two finishes early saturday morning.

006

Then I started to quilt the rest of the table runner I started to finish last weekend. Just had to quilt around the hearts and the bottom green parts, and to sew on the binding.

014

While watching a good movie saturday evening I sewed down the binding, and now I have a new table runner on my table.  This is also a design from my friend Bjørg (no blogger)

THREE UFO’s FINISHED IN ONE DAY, yohooooooo doing a happy dance.
And I have already picked some more small UFO’s to work on the next weeks.
I have too many small things in my UFO drawer.  Stitcheries, small applique motives aso.
Have to do something about this.

009

Sunday morning after breakfast Hanne and I had planned to sew some angels.  You remember the skinny angels we have made earlier.  Now it was time to make those chubby angels.  It is always fun to have a sewing companion in the sewing room. 

011

This is my chubby angels. I love the look they have and I know I am going to sew more of these.

And with these angels i have FIVE finishes this weekend.

Yohoooooooooo !!!!!!

013

Here are my two chubby angels (to the left) together with Hannes chubby angel.  It was so fun to make them.  Hanne and I have already made plans for what to sew when we meet for our next sewing together weekend.

016

Now I am going to relax and just do some progress on my “One day at a time” quilt (Sue Daley design).

061

Rusken have stayed a lot in the sewing room together with us.  I have started to wash all my “Shipshewana” fabric and Rusken found a nice sleeping place in the fabric pile.  He is for sure a real Quilt cat.

Saying for today:

599367_10151411755856641_87987169_n

15 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I do so love those stacks of shirting's on your shelf! I do not have enough of these and my stack is small compared to yours :) it looks like you got a lot done.

mary truax said...

Good work May Britt!

Dollandesign said...

Underbara änglar!
Löparen som Du sytt klart och lagt på bordet är mycket fin, tycker jag.

Dollandesign

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Some beautiful projects you have there, I especially love the table runner.

TLC said...

what a fantastic weekend of good company & stitching!

Susan said...

You two always have such a good time together. Great work on your ufo's. I like the chubby angels but I LOVE all the shirtings they're sitting on! Rusken is a very cute quilt cat.

Maria said...

Lovely, very good work...!!!
I stay!!!!
A great day!
Maria

margaret said...

how good to get those UFO`s completed and one only taking a few minutes. They are all very nice and love the angels, wonder where the pattern comes from? would quite like a go at making one myself

Christine B said...

Love your table runner and your 'chubby angels'. You had a very successful weekend! :)

Hanne said...

Thanks for a lovely weekend, with a lot of Vitamin Q!
I am already looking very much forward to our next sewing weekend together :-)

mascanlon said...

The angels are adorable! I bet they enjoy smiling down on how productive you and Hanne are together!

Stina... said...

Tänk vad lite hjälp från en vän kan ge!! Härligt med syhelger!! Skoj skoj!! Härligt jobbat! :0)

Quilter Kathy said...

I just love seeing all your projects! You are on a roll with finishes...good job!
Such precious angels!

Ondrea said...

You have achieved a lot in 1 weekend. Funny how we put things away and forget about them when they only need a minute to finish them . Love your table runner and the cute angels. But the best of all is Ruskin being such a typical cat. Chubby angel hugs.

Lynn said...

I LOVE looking at all of your projects. They can all come and live in my house!

Related Posts with Thumbnails