This weekend I have had focus on my Aunt Sarahs’s quilt.
Finished all the hexagon rows.
The appliqued center piece was already done.
Did a lot of this applique while being in Shipshewana last november.
Then I glued the hexagon onto the center piece. Luckily I had cut the center piece a lot larger than the original size, because now it was barely enough seam allowance. You all have to remember that when there is a lot of needleturn applique the size will always shrink.
All glued down
and ready to ble appliqued down.
I also finished quilting An Angel Story quilt this weekend.
Hey…..who’s hiding here……
Rusken of course.
Ready to put the binding on as soon as Rusken let me have this quilt back.
Bjørg (no blogger) and I have been basting several quilts today.
We are so lucky we can use the big tables at the cantina at work. But even then we have to climb up on the table to baste these big quilts. This is Bjørgs beautiful Lancaster Quilt (design Sue Daley). She is going to hand quilt this one.
Then we basted her Mrs Hartigans Stash (also a Sue Daley design).
This is my Mrs Hartigans Stash quilt. This one we glue basted because I am going to machine quilt it.
This one is also Bjørgs quilt. Love the look of it. This was a BOM from Lappemakeriet.
Now I have some binding to sew down and some needleturn to applique down. Never a dull moment in my quilt corner.
Saying for today: