Monday, April 30, 2007

More instructions for the pincushion

How fun "my" pincushion got so popular. I must admit it is now my design. This is a pincushion I got several years ago and I wanted to know how it was made. So I started to investigate it and I figured out how do make it. So I really do not know who the designer of it is. If anyone does please let me know.

Several have asked me about how to do english paperpiecing, what to do with the paper aso. I have answered some of you, but still there is many of you that have "no reply" on your comments. And that makes it difficult for us to answer your comments.

So first.......please check your profile to see if you have allowed your email adress to show.

Next....
some links you can look at that explains english paperpiecing. Hope this will help you to do the pincushion.
http://ciaspalette.com/patterns/06/englishhexagons.html
http://www.cddesigns.com/PaperPiecing/how-whiping.htm

And when you have done your pincushion please post a photo on your blog and email me.

Nadine have made one.
Nemo has made one in the correct shape and one wrong, both are beautiful.
anyone else?????


Saying for today:
Keep smiling....
Make people wonder what your up too!

10 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

I haven't made one yet but I really want to do this little project - I have it bookmarked.

Saska said...

Saw Nadine's pincushion and decided that I may need to make one. They are adorable!

Thanks for the instructions.

Chookyblue...... said...

I am going to make one. I have printed the directions but been to busy to sit and fiddle yet.
Will post when I get it made.

Wendy said...

Oh my what a cute pincushion. Thanks for sharing the instructions. I must give it a try.

Susan said...

I've seen references to your pincushion everywhere. You'll be famous if you don't watch out. =) I love the pink bag in the message below. And I wouldn't mind having my 18-yo body again, or the memory-bytes it had, but I don't want to *be* 18 for anything! They look like they are having fun, though. =)

Shirley said...

The pincushion is too cute. Thanks. I would like to know where to get the pattern for the daisey block. Sbartee@msn.com

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

I'm going to have to make a pincusion. I want to create my own design too! Thanks for inspiring!

Nana's Quilts said...

I love English Paper piecing. I will certainly give it a try. And thanks for sharing about your DD's 'end of school year' events. Such fun!

Can you please tell me (us) where to find the Applique Design Blocks you are making. I think they are fabulous.

Marne

Danijela said...

May Britt, thank you for the tutorial. You are wonderful! I made your pincushion - twice. The first one was the "wrong" one... So I will never forget the correct way to put the units together :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this wonderful project. I have enjoyed making it and took it all in a zip lock bag on a flight. I have shared it with a friend leaving one behind in Perth after I finished it. I even plan to make a few more as gifts. I do enjoy popping in to your blog even though I don't have a blog myself. Thankyou.

Related Posts with Thumbnails