Sunday, January 11, 2009

A new stitchery and TEPPER SOM VARMER

Feeling much better today so perhaps I go back to work tomorrow. Still everything is going in slow motion, and the cough is still there (but not so bad). Today I felt like starting another flu medicine project. Some time ago I received these wonderful buttons and the pattern belonging to them from Sonya at Giggle buttons blog. Today I decided to start on this little stitchery and will look for a frame this week. I have also joined her Giggle Buttons Club and look forward to receive the first package with buttons and pattern.

And the next in my post will be written only in Norwegian as it is an invitation to a sewing weekend for Warming Quilts.


TEPPER SOM VARMER SYDAG

LØRDAG 17 Januar

Dette er en invitasjon til dere som bor i nærheten eller har mulighet til å reise til Elverum lørdag 17 januar.

Invitasjon ble delt på på Elverum Quiltelags siste medlemsmøte og dette er en påminnelse til dere. Pluss at jeg inviterer ALLE som har mulighet og lyst til å komme å sy sammen med oss.

Vi skal sy tepper til aksjonen Tepper Som Varmer. Ta med deg symaskin, stoffer, skjøteledning, strykejern, skjæreutstyr og mat. Har du ikke lyst til å frakte på symaskin, kan du stryke eller skjære stoffer. Har du ikke stoffer så ta med symaskin, for regner med at det blir masser av stoffer å sy av. Har du lyst til å sy alene gjør du det. Vil du samarbeide med noen andre så går det også ann. Vi har fått sponset 10 m vatt fra NQF. Men mangler desverre bakstykker, så hvis noen har store biter med bakstykker så ta med det.

Vi har fått leid kantina på Elverum Tekniske Verksted på Grindalsmoen.

Og vi starter opp kl 1000
og fortsetter utover ettermiddagen/kvelden så lenge vi orker
.

I kantina har vi kjempegod plass til å boltre oss med symaskiner og stoff.

Vil gjerne ha en liten tilbakemelding på om det er noen som vil være med. Det er mange som sa de skulle være med. Og jeg vet at det kommer quiltere fra både Hønefoss, Lørenskog, Oslo og Rømskog pluss en del damer fra Elverum, så her er det fin mulighet til å bli kjent med andre quiltere. Og nå håper jeg at DU som bor i nærheten også har lyst til å komme. Send meg en liten mail så skal du få veibeskrivelse.

Saying for today:

Write it on your heart
that every day
is the best day
in the year.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson



17 comments:

Lappestua said...

ÅÅÅÅh, nydelig stitchery du skal sy!

Elin said...

Hadde Elverum vore nærare kan du vere trygg på at eg hadde dukka opp! Eg har ikkje komt meg på butikk og kjøpt meir sashingstoff til teppet mitt, og eg har ikkje komt meg på posthuset med pakken din. Beklager, eg er på etterskot.
Blir nok mange som melder seg på denne australske stitchery/button-alongen, eg måtte knipe meg i armen for ikkje å trykkje på send-knappen...
Lukke til med teppesyinga!

Unknown said...

Det hørtes gøy ut..., skulle ønske at jeg hadde bodd litt nærmere!

xoxo

Unknown said...

Do you ever sit down without sewing something?

Dawn said...

Your project is too cute!! Love the button and so glad you are feeling better.

Joy said...

Pleased you're feeling better :o). I've joined the Giggle buttons club too, I love those cute little buttons!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Hanne said...

What a cute stitchery - and the saying is perfect :-)

I am looking forward to the weekend with you and I am doing all I can to hold this flu at bay!

Anne Ida said...

What a cute stitchery!! And what great flu medicine *lol* Sorry you have been feeling under the weather, and I hope you feel heaps better now! Can understand you have had some booring days, and on those days we need some vitamin Q :o)

This weekend will be heaps of fun! I'm soo looking forward to it! I'll make sure to pack my best mood in addition to Bernie and some inspiration :O)

Hugs and stitches from me
xxx

Thimbleanna said...

You speak Norwegian??? Hahaha! I just want you to know, I really appreciate that you post in English, 'cause if it were in Norwegian, I wouldn't understand it! You giggle button kit looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!

Jossie said...

Good that you are feeling better May Britt. If I were you I would take another day off. You never know in this cold climate.
The Giggle buttons are cute.

Carole said...

Glad to read that you are starting to feel a bit better! Flu is not fun! Cute stitchery. Nice idea to put the colour number on those floss holders! Keep well!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

If I can read the post in your language can I come tooo??? LOL

Stitchery is the thing to do at the moment isnt it? Everyone is doing it. I love it! Just about stitched up everything I brought with me on my trip. Good thing I go home tomorrow.
Hope your cough gets better.

Pia said...

You have been given an award. Pop over to my blog and check for yourself. Hugs Pia

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

For et utrolig nyyydelig stitchery! Ser skikkelig nammis ut:o) Kos deg med det, og lykke til med teppesømmen!

Cheryl said...

So very glad you are feeling better. What a wonderful stitchery project!

Carla said...

Oh the cupcake stitchery is wonderful! I hope you get better soon. I sure could use a quilt right now.

Leanne said...

Hope your soon 100%...cute little project.

Related Posts with Thumbnails