Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Quilt safari again

This trip has been planned for a long time. Tuesday morning we all met and startet our quilt safari to Sweden and Hvaler.

Good girls gets the weather they deserves on a quilt safari. First stop to eat breakfast was by a beautiful lake. So nice to sit outdoors and enjoy the sun.

Then we arrived at Lapp Eliza's shop. It is just a few weeks since my last visit here. And it was still so much to look at.

Like these new boxes filled with Kafe Fasset fat quarters.

Shopping, shopping and shopping.

Then we drove out to Hvaler. A wonderful place to just relax.

Hanne, Bente and I have for a while given challenges to eachother. Some months ago Benta gave us a difficult one. We got a little piece of fabric, a button and a red heart and the challenge sounded: "For joy and pleasure , to be useful, alone or together in a small group". And now was the reveal of our solutions.

This is what we made. I made a little needleholder. Hanne mad a cover for her coffee jug. And Bente made four items; a bookmark, a little makeup purse, a tissue keeper and a another little purse.
This time it was my turn to give the challenge. Looks like they already have put their thinking caps on :)
I gave them some skin color fabric, three red buttons and some laces. The challengs is called: Sov Dukkelise (sleep my little doll) It is lines from a Norwegian children song. And it has to be finished when we meet again early in october.

Look at this lovely table. I loooooooooooove schrimps and these are fresh from the boat.
Yummy yummy. Learned to it my schrimps with red onion on top and it is delicious.

The wiew are stunning and so relaxing.

While eating the hot tub was been warmed up. Tired from all our shopping it felt so good to just warm up and relax with some white wine in the hot tub.



Chatting long into the midnight hours.

A little bit of sewing done the next morning.

And Bente showed us her beatiful quilt. Love it.

And this quilt is made from leftovers from the previous shown quilt. This one is also so beautiful.

She had also made herself a new bag for this trip.
The front


And the back of it.

Today we visited the old village of Fredrikstad. I have never been here before and really enjoyed our visit here.

Think I have to return to this place and see more some other time.

The quilt safari was ended by eating a delicious fish soup at Engelsviken. This soup is famous and I understund why.

Thanks Bente and Hanne for these wonderful days together.

Saying for today:

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have,
and one of the best things you can be.

29 comments:

Solveig Bloch said...

Å,for en herlig tur dere må ha hatt.Stoffer,venner, mat og drikke, bading og flott natur. Ikke mulig å få det bedre! ;o)))

marina said...

what a fantastic quilt safari. Looks like it was very enjoyable!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Another perfect outing with your friends May Britt...

Radka said...

Oh May Britt, you went there again! You have no idea how envious I am, I am only sorry we did not get the time to find Lapp Elisa this summer.
Your pictures bring good memories of my holiday in Sweden, it is only a month since we got back, but seems like a long time ago.
You look like you had a wonderful trip! Thank you for sharing it.

Chookyblue...... said...

another wonderful trip.........thanks for sharing..........

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh I want to go on a Quilt Safari in Norge , what fun!!!

Darlene said...

Thank you for sharing your trip with us, May Britt. I know you had a wonderful time!

Dawn said...

what a wonderful safari you had with lovely friends, food and places to visit...
hugs Dawn x x x x

Crowing Moon said...

All your creations are lovely. I love them all...but the bag with the witch on it....Ohhhh is there a pattern available for that or did your friend design it herself? I SO want one....:D

Pepe said...

Oh! I wish I where there! What a wonderfull way to have fun from life! Wonderful post, give us others! :-)
www.ilblogdipepe.blogspot.com

sjoko said...

Tak for at du delte dine oplevelser med os. Her sidder jeg med åben mund og tenker: hvor er dere heldige å ha et sådant venskab og er så flinke til å finne på sammen. Idag skal jeg sy!

jo said...

Thank you for sharing with us these good moments and these images which tempt to join you!

Anne Heidi said...

Looks like a wonderful trip- lots of vitamin q for sure, and great memories!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip. It looks like the three of you had a fantastic time.

I love the variation you posted for the shrimp sandwiches. Raksmorbrod along with budapestrolkakor is my traditional birthday supper each year. Maybe I can convince my family to try it with the onions.

Elsa said...

Hello May Britt. I love your "Saying for today". Thanks for these wonderfull words :)
Greatings from Bavaria

Lynette Anderson said...

Oh, wow what a lovely trip with good friends. I like the idea that you give challenges to each other, it looks like a lot of fun.
I love shrimps too and the ones you had looked delicious and so fresh.

Sølvis blog said...

Ser ut som dere har hatt en flott utflukt, og med nydelig vær og god mat attpå til måtte je dette bli helt toppers.

Carole said...

What a wonderful time! Gosh, those dishes looked yummy! Love the quilts too! So glad to read that you are taking some time with quilting friends. BTW, what is the name of the bag patter with the witch & broom? It is so cute! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

Stina Blomgren said...

Detta ser ut att ha varit en helt fantastisk resa... tyger... vänner och avkoppling och sömnad.. helt underbart..:o)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh my! One wonderful thing after another! But I have to admit - that shrimp lunch looked heavenly to me!

Gudveig HN said...

Så koselig dette ser ut! Stoffer, quilting, god mat og gode venner... toppers!
Fikk meg forøvrig enn god latter da jeg forsøkte google-oversetteren: quilt ble til dyne, og lapp Eliza ble til samen Eliza.
Ikke helt bra, den oversetteren...

Beth said...

All your creations are lovely. I love them all...but the bag with the witch on it....Ohhhh is there a pattern available for that or did your friend design it herself? I SO want one PLEASE!!!

edbbush@hotmail.com

suz said...

you always have the best trips!

mascanlon said...

What fun, I love the little safaris with my quilt friends. And I am anxious to see what everyone comes up with b your little doll challenge...or will they be dolls?

maria said...

I love Bente's bag.
Marie

maria said...

You girls sure know how to live it up!

Marie

Julz said...

Gorgeous photo's of your quilt safari - lots of fun, shopping and shrimps by the looks of things :) I especially liked your friends new shopping bag with the 'witch' stitcheries. Hugs Jx

Sabine said...

I'd like to know more about bente's bag. I really like your butterfly quilt too. It's on my to do list (once) Too many fabrics to choose from.
And congrats with your win from Cinderberry :-)
Best wishes again from the Netherlands!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails