Saturday, May 24, 2014

Measure one, cut double….oh no!!!!!

Yes that is exactly what I did today. Because of rain and thunder today I planned to spend some time in my sewingroom.  And the plan was to sewing together the table runner I started on at Anni Downs class some weeks ago.

001

I started to rotary cut the row of houses. Measured the size of the row, and started to cut, thinking that something felt wrong.  Oh no !!!!!! I had both rows of houses on top of eachother, and of course the bottow row was now cut WRONG !!!!!!!

002

Okey…..what to do.  Sewing a new row of houses was not an option, Did not have the background fabric. So I sewed on the piece of fabric that was cut off.

003

And it sort of works. Perhaps not in the most perfect way, but okey.

005

Rotary cutting the squares. This time I measured twice and cut once LOL.

006

I was lucky to find a ric rac in my stash. Now the table runner ready for basting and quilting.  And my rotary cutting mistake just add a personality to the table runner.

007

Found some backing, but have to look in my boxes for batting.  Will sew the quilt together and then turn the right side out, and then quilt it.  This way no bindings to do (hurray). 

But now the sun is shining again and i will bring some sewing out on the porch. 

Saying for today:

e6e063c4a174f3b0e1c955c213f1be1e

20 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

These are darling! Whose pattern design is this?

Carolyn

bodilshobby.blogg.no said...

Det blir kjempefint. Og om du ikke sier noe til noen er det bare du som ser den ekstra sømmen :)

moosecraft said...

I'm happy to have your company! lol! I did the same cutting oops and fixed it the same way too! :-) After the quilting is done... no one will notice the extra seam... in fact, I had forgotten about mine already! ;-)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you made it work and that is what counts! we all make those kinds of mistakes - me too!

Inma de almuñecar said...

como todos sus trabajos es precioso

Radka said...

Looks great to me!
xx

Quilting Stories said...

They are sweet! Love the quote! Have a great week-end!

Quilting Corner said...

Darling project. I'd love to do it also. Where could I get the pattern?

Melody said...

I've purchased this pattern and plan to make it too. Your version is gorgeous

Schulz Family said...

a good rescue. Well done

Susan said...

That moment when you realise you've cut something wrong is so awful, but I think your solution worked fine. It's just a unique feature of your runner, the end result is still lovely.

Christine M said...

I'm glad you were able to come up with a solution. Your houses are just lovely May Britt.

Ondrea said...

You poor thing! What a panic,! As I always remind people, it is ''patchwork'. I have made similar mistakes and just patched it too. You could put some skinny ric rac over it if you don't like it but I think it looks okay. Well done. Hope the stormy weather is over.

Janet said...

What a heart stopping moment that must have been! I think your solution is excellent and once it's quilted no one will notice a thing except all those darling little houses.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic recovery.....they look totally awesome

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic recovery.....they look totally awesome

Grethe said...

Ser perfekt ut! Beundrer deg som er kommet så langt :-)

margaret said...

I can imagine what you felt (and said!!)when you had your disaster but your repair has worked so well had you not mentioned it we would never have known, a lovely table runner.

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Oh no!!! We have all done that. It looks great xx

mascanlon said...

Love the personality! But I hate when that kind of thing happens, we try to be so precise and a moment of distraction...lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails