Friday, May 09, 2014

Vitamin Q is Anni Downs

356
Yesterday was a day filled with vitamin Q.  Finally I got to meet Anni Downs. She is one of my favorite Australian designers and I have loved her patter for a long long time.  And of course when Kathrine announced that Anni was coming I had come.  And I was one of the lucky one to attend to Anni’s class.
363364
This is the cute tablerunner we was going to start sewing.  I love it.
361
Anni is a great teacher and it was fun to watch and learn how she was doing her needleturn applique.
365
The pattern for these two small projects was a little gift from Anni to all of us that joined the workshop.
367
My houses are lined up and ready to be appliqued down.  Did not do so much because of my bad arm.  It was just fun to be there.
368370
378


The whole class group.  

385
So happy finally to meet Anni in person.
As always Kathrine brings almost the whole shop to these events. 
And of course a lot of Anni’s models and patters was focus.
373374375420421422423
And as always a lot of other projects that inspires me
418376
382
Later this thursday Anni was going to have a Show and Tell.  About 170 ladies came  so  you can just imagine there was a high level of laughing and chatting.
387
First there was a show and tell for Annie. She is a very popular designer here in Norway and several ladies had brought quilts made from her pattern.  Sorry I was not able to take photos of those.
Then there was Anni’s turn to tell about her quilting life.  Just enjoy the photos:
389390392395396397399400402403405406407409415416413417410414424425
Thank you Anni.
You made my day. 
Saying for today;
a3057c3174ba3d91d8924509abd2a512

16 comments:

Christine B said...

What beautiful photographs of a wonderful day! Anni Downs is one of my favourite designers and I would love to meet her! You are so lucky to have been able to take a class with her! Beautiful quilts! :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow...what a day.....so pleased you loved it May Britt...our Anni is amazing....great photos....

Christine M said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, May Britt.

margaret said...

how lucky were you, not only to meet Anni but to do a workshop with her, look forward to seeing your table runner completed. So many photos you have shared today, also seen some on Hanne`s blog, thank you

Grethe said...

Ja, for en drømmedag! Gleder meg over å se alt om igjen gjennom alle dine bilder, May Britt :-)

Susan said...

I never tire of looking at Anni's gorgeous designs. How wonderful that you got to meet her and go to the workshop.

moosecraft said...

Absolutely wonderful! There are more than one design shown that I would love to stitch up! Anni may have just added another fan to her growing fan club! :-) So glad you were able to meet her and enjoy the class even though your arm was not fully recovered.... I bet the inspiration will continue far into the days ahead! Have a a great weekend!

TLC said...

Total Vitamin Q awesome day!

Quilting Stories said...

Seems to be a great day, so many beautiful creations! Thanks for the pictures and Happy Mother's Day!

Ondrea said...

You must have had a wonderful fun time with Anni. I have never personally met her but have corresponded via email and her blog. She lives in a different state to me.I am not sure she has ever taught here . You are so lucky. LOve all those awesome projects and you look very well and happy in the photos, as does Hanne.

Stina... said...

Så himla mycket skoj!!! Fantastiskt!!

Charo said...

What a lovely post!
Thanks so much for all the pictures.
You are very lucky, to be in an Annie Downs workshop!!!! She is one of my favourite designers.

Chookyblue...... said...

so pleased you got to meet Anni......I know you have loved her designs for a long time.......even with a bad arm it was great you got to go to the workshop............

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Wow! What a great day you had! Thanks for sharing all these photos :) Anni Downs is one of my favourite designers too :)))

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Isn't Anni lovely. Looks like such a fun day and beautiful items people had made xx

mumbird3 said...

Wow great photos!! Thanks for sharing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails