Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Where is summer?


I wonder when summer is coming to stay for more than a couple of days.  So far this "summer" I have just once had to move over to the porch that is in the shadows because it was too hot to sit on the sunshine porch.






To stay warm I have had to sit in the sunshine.  Love sitting outside with my sewing.  I took one day just prepping more pieces for my Halo blocks. Now I have a pile of each shape in different fabrics to make new Halo blocks.  



And when it is getting chilly I just snuggle under a quilt. 






Finished this little miniature quilt.  It is a Edyta Sitar design and I made it from almost all the red and pink fabrics I bought on my USA trip in April.  It brings so many good memories travelling with my friends from one quiltshop to another.




And i love my new purse.  It is a By Annie pattern.  Perfect size when going to the shop or travelling and it was easy to sew. She makes very good and detailed patterns.





The other day I got a new book all the way from Australia.  I just LOVE this book.  It has so many wonderful projects. Want to make them all.



But I had to choose one.  Making this little purse with  a blue bird on.  And don't get chooked.........I ordered a lot of BLUE fabrics at Northern Quilts yesterday.  For you who know me RED is my favorite colour.  Until lately.........I have actuelly started to love BLUE, well........not all kind of blue, it has to be the greyishblue.  No navy blue or bright blue for me.


Saying for today:


8 comments:

simplestitches said...

hope your Summer turns up! love your new purse, such a lovely shape and colour. Blue is one of my favourites along with red...book is on my to get list!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope your summer will warm up - we are having a cooler and wetter summer so far for us - but I do get a lot of time on my porch which is all in the shade - usually by afternoon it gets too hot to sit outside even in the shade but so far this summer it is just fine in the middle of the afternoon

NADINE said...

Hello, May Britt :D Same summer here in Belgium ! We sometimes have 20°C difference between 2 days...

Lovely works and projects of yours, as always. I Wonder what's that embroidery you're making, on the first picture ??? Is there a pattern for that ?? Looks FUN :D

In stitches,
Nadine

Chookyblue...... said...

How you get your summer soon....... I got Natalie's new book also... Saw all the samples at the quilt show and they are even more gorgeous in real life is possible the book is beautiful.......

Linda said...

It's so good to hear from you. I hope your summer comes soon. I also love to sit on my back porch and quilt. :-)

Guusje, said...

What a beautifull quilts. And summer I hope it will come soon to you. I will send some from here.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizabeth said...

I love your red butterfly quilt, it warms the heart. I live red two and have two of my favourite red quilts hanging in my lounge. It is winter time here in New Zealand and we have had so jany wet and cold days lately. It is the begining if school holidays today and the weather forecast isn't looking very promising for the first week

Related Posts with Thumbnails