Sunday, September 28, 2008

Angel Story Book sewing

I am a memeber of Stinas Angel Story book club and the deadline for finishing the top is approaching very fast. I have until oct 1st to finish it. And Stina is pushing me to finish it. And today I had decided to spend all my day working on the top. So the first thing I did this morning was to find all the blocks and fabrics.
After breakfast I started to rotarycut all the squares that should go between all the blocks.



And I started to puzzle...

Here is the first 1/4 part of the top sewed together.

I really like the result so far.

And the quilt started to grow.......




And grow...........

And grow.............ooooopss................this is photos from my walk today.

Had to get som fresh air, and the sun shined so beautiful. And on my walk in the forest I took some photos of these mushrooms.


Back home I continued sewing the top together.



And now it's almost done. 3/4 are sewed together. The last part is just partly sewed together. But now it's late and I think I call it a night. But I think I will manage to finish it before deadline. Tomorrow I am teaching a workshop after work, but I got tuesday evening to sew the rest together.


My friend Bjørg (no blogger) is also working on the Angel Story Book. She hoped to finish the top before the deadline, but while rotarycutting the frames for the blocks she had a little accident. The rotarycutter was too sharp, and her finger was to close to it. So she had to go to the hospital to have a look at it. And came home with a huge bandage on her finger.

So let this be a warning. Be careful with your rotarycutter.


Saying for today:

A messy house is the sign of a happy quilter


26 comments:

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Your Angel Story Book is coming together nicely.Can't wait to see the finished item.

Julia said...

You have put the quilt together very quickly and I love the colours - you even had time to go out for a walk too!!

Julia :0)

Vicki W said...

Wow, you got a lot done today! I love the quilt. I sliced my finger with the RC once - boy did that hurt and for a long time! I hope your friend heals quickly.

Susan said...

Your Angel Story is so cheerful...love the colors.
You have to be so careful with rotary cutters. I am always afraid I will cut more than just fabric.
Hugs from One Happy Quilter.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

What a happy looking quilt that is! And I love the mushrooms! They would make a neat looking quilt too, in an earthy sort of way.

MGM

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

May Britt your angels, wow....they really look so good...and all the bags, you must be so proud, well done it was a fantastic bag to make...

Nanette Merrill said...

What a fun post to compare your growing blocks to mushrooms. So cute. Its going to be lovely.

Noémia said...

You have worked soooooo much!And you have time enought to walk, enjoy the sun and see mushrooms.But the result of your work is fantastic. Your Angel Story quilt is very nice and I love the colors.

Jeanne said...

Looks like you had a very productive day of quilting. The Angel Story quilt is so pretty. I think you will make the deadline now.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

May, your quilt is gorgeous... Love the colors. When I the quilt shop a lady came in with her foot all bandaged, she had dropped the rotary and almost cut her little toe off. They are dangerous.
Hope you get to finish soon, I'll be back.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Lynda said...

May Britt - your Angel Story quilt is absolutely gorgeous. I hope your friend recovers quickly.

jodie said...

It is looking great May Britt, well done.
Jodie

Käranån said...

Så vackert det blir, klara härliga färger!!

Inger said...

Å for noen nydelige farger du har brukt. Dette blir virkelig flott. Ha ei riktig fin uke.

Lise in Norway said...

Your angels are wonderful May Britt. Love the red you have put in.This is going great to deadline I can see.
Have a nice day

May Kristin said...

Your quilt comes together so nicely! It turns out beautiful!
Look forward to se it finished!

UKati said...

Beautiful colors coming together! I envy you for the sentence "..spend all my day working on the top". As a mother of two (3y, almost 1y) its my largest dream to have a whole day for sewing anything :-).

Hanne said...

Well done May Britt !
I am sure you will make the deadline !!

quilterpolly said...

I love how your Angel Story Book is coming...I can't totally relate to your no blog friend as on christmas eve one year I was sewing like crazy to finish christmas presents and I need to cut my binding and zap there went the top of my finger...but I didn't get any blood on my project:)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your quilt is coming along quite nicely - so very pretty. I hope your friend's finger heals soon.

Stina Blomgren said...

Lovely ...Lovely... your angels are so beautiful... hope you didn´t spend all night sewing on your angels... And what do I hear...about Bjorg...hope she is ok!!! Oh my those cutters is sharp!!! Hope the workshop went ok...was it today...Im a little confused here... anyway good luck!!

Karen said...

What a busy bee! Love the Angel Story quilt.

Bec said...

This is just gorgeous! The colours are soooo nice together. Love the mushroom pictures.
Bec xxx

DAWNIE said...

Just love your quilt - the colours rae great. Nice choice.

merete said...

Så fint det blir! Gratulerer i dag, med dagen :-)
(Nancy er jo påminneren selvom det kom inn flere påminnelser også)

Willow Grove - Kez said...

I love the how your angel story is looking . The colours just make the stitcheries stand out so much more. Well done. I hope your friend Bjorgs finger get better soon

Related Posts with Thumbnails