Sunday, February 07, 2010

Weekend with the girls

Thursday, rigth after work, I drove up to my friends cabin. The car packed to the roof with sewingmachine, projects, quiltbooks and magazines and warm clothes. Two other friends joined us early friday morning. And from that time you could hear the sound of sewingmachines day and night (almost).

But we had time for some fresh air too. So good to walk in the sun even if it was cold. We could actually feel the sun warming, and this makes me feel that spring will arrive slowly.

A lot of different projects was brought to the cabin. Here we are discussing what fabric to use between the blocks Bjørg have made.

I was sewing on some "old" blocks that I started on about a year ago (at a similar quiltweekend in this cabin). This is the pattern I am using. At that moment I was not very happy with these blocks, perhaps because I run out of one of the background fabrics.

Bjørg also sewed together this cozy flannel quilt.


I am working on my small japanese purses.

Britt sewing together her blocks,

and used the door to hang up her blocks.

Bjørg made a lot of table runner backgrounds this weekend.

Britt also made tablerunners

Irene cut all fabrics for this wonderful quilt,
and sewed some blocks together.


I managed to finish my two small japanese purses. Perhaps I can use one of them to keep my wallet, lipstick and mobilephone going to dinner with Yoko Saito :)
And I sewed the blocks together on my Bread and butter quilt. And I realized I really love the look on it now. Looking forward to sew the outher border on it very soon. It is so fun working with my japanese fabrics. Know I will buy more of them at the annual quiltmeeting.
This has been such a fun weekend together with good friends. We are already planning our next trip together.


Saying for today:

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have,
and one of the best things you can be.
~Douglas Pagels

18 comments:

Darlene said...

Lots of fun projects and wonderful time spent with friends.

Ulli said...

Your purses turned out beautifully, can't stop looking at them. Wonderful colors.
Greetings, Ulli

allsewnup said...

Your time away sounds heavenly ~ no phones,no tugging on the apron strings, no refereeing fights. Just being able to share time with friends and sew. Niiice!!

Carolyn

Talin's Corner said...

It's wonderful to sew and hang out with friends. It sounded like you all had wonderful time (not to mention productive, too). Enjoy planning next year's trip.

G'G'ma said...

What a wonderful quilting weekend with quilter friends. And...you all accomplished so much!

Stina Blomgren said...

Love yout Bread and Butter quilt... and so much fun you all have had... :o)

Chookyblue...... said...

always a lovely weekend sewing with friends.........I do like your quilt.......

Chocolate Cat said...

Sounds like a lovely time with friends, sure there was a lot of talking happening as well as sewing!! Your Japanese purses are just lovely.

Miriam said...

I love your purses and your bread and butter quilt. :)

Sue-Anne said...

You girls have been very busy! I love your Bread & Butter quilt and the purses look great too.

Cattinka said...

I´m glad you had such a nice time with your friends. You always show such nice pictures of your meetings, you have made beautiful things again.
KATRIN W.

Nancy in Norway said...

Wow, you too had a productiv weekend. Your trip to the cabin look great, every time :-)

mascanlon said...

Oh my goodness, you guys got so much done. I love both of your projects, especially the purses...or no the quilt...er...the purses! LOL!

Teresa said...

OH, I so love the bread and butter quilt too. Its funny, but it was not one of my favorites when I saw just the blocks, but sewn together I just love it. Very nice work!

Carole said...

Your retreats always look like so much fun! Lots of nice projects going on! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

Carole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bec Clarke said...

OH Wow I am so loving those photo's of the snow. It looks lovely and I think you are so lucky. I will be going on retreats one day when my kids are a bit bigger. The Bread and butter looks great too.
May I ask where the Japanese purse pattern comes from?? They are so cute.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

retreats are wonderful, especially during the winter. Great pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails