Saturday, October 08, 2011

Sewing is healing

First of all I want to thank all of you for your lovely comments regarding to my previous post.   I have not replyed on those comments, but want you to know that they meant a lot to me. 

LINEA ROSAS ROSA

Today I have spent several hours in the sewingroom.  Wonderding what to sew I chatted with Hanne on msn.  She remembered me on a kit both she and I bought in Tromsø at the annual quiltmeeting in march.

005

Miss Mary’s pinwheels quilt.  Of course it had to be this one today.  Starting a new fresh project.  Hanne and I have chatted on msn while cutting and sewing.

009

Another guy happy that mother is back in the sewingroom.  Testing the fabrics for this quilt and I think he likes them.  Why do cats always fancy sitting on fabrics??

010

Cutting and sewing.  A lot of work on this quilt.  Testing one pinwheel and I am glad I always cut the pieces a little bit bigger than in the pattern.  Sewing pinwheels before, and know the seam allowance can make the finished size a lot smaller.  My way I get the correct size.

Saying for today:

Memory... is the diary
that we all carry about with us.
 
~Oscar Wilde, "The Importance of Being Earnest

11 comments:

Nancy in Norway said...

En god dag på syrommet hjelper på det meste. Har jobbet i hagen i dag og plukket en bukett høstblomster. Dersom jeg hadde bodd nærmere så hadde buketten vært din. Se foto på bloggen min. Klem

Elin said...

Eg er så glad for at du er tilbake på syrommet, og at du lagar slik flott kvilt i repro-stoff! Dette kjem til å bli aldeles skjønt! Ha ei god helg!

Ulla said...

Det blir en speciell kvilt som också kommer att vara förevigt förknippad med din mamma.Så vacker den blir.Också svag för reproblock och reprotyger.

Kaaren said...

I know exactly how you're feeling because I had those same empty feelings after I lost my Mom. I found sewing and hand stitching to be very comforting.

My thoughts are with you and know that your Mom is watching over you.

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Godt å se du klarer å koble av litt på syrommet. Det er nok verdens beste medisin den hobbyen vi har. Godt å få tankene over på noe annet innimellom.
Teppet ditt ser veldig spennende ut, og jeg gleder meg til å se mer.
Varme klemmer sendes din vei med luftpost :o)
Laila

Laila said...

Hi.
Happy to see you back in your sewing room- The quilt are going to be beautifull- cant wait to see it in real life.
Hugs :-)

Lurline said...

God bless - love, Lurline♥

Rebecca said...

Trist å lese om moren din. Ser ut som dere hadde mange koselige stunder på syrommet med hver sin quilt i hånden. Ta vare på alle de gode stundene dere hadde sammen fremfor det triste. Tenker på deg og din familie.

Jo in TAS said...

Stitching has wonderful healing power.
HUgs to you May
JO
xxx

quiltygal said...

Lovely quilt...I have been in a Civil War Repo fabrics club this year I pulled them out the other day but am still undecided what to do with them so back they went :)love the sewing assistant...glad that the sewing has helped your heart

RG said...

Morning May Britt,
Isn't it a wonderful world where we can chat with a quilty friend via chat while we are sewing.
Thinking of you xx
Love the Pinwheels :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails