Sunday, October 30, 2011

Enjoying some time in the sewingroom

 

This weekend I have spendt a lot of time in the sewingroom, and it feels so good.  Sewing, preparing new projects, watching movies on my computer and just having fun.

012

Remember this quilt that I started several weeks ago.  Now I have finished the top and hope I can baste it soon.  Just have to find a backing for it. It was a kit, but I did not like the brown sashing between the blocks.  I choose light sashing and I love how the quilt turned out.

013

Last thursday was quilt meeting in my quilt group.  Our local quiltshop came for a visit with some boxes of fabrics and patterns.  I bought these fabrics…

016

…to make this pillow.  Today I traced the applique pieces and got them on the background.  Have to find some thread to do buttonhole applique.  Want this pillow to be finished until Christmas.

017

Working two days in my sewingroom makes it so messy.  Projects, fabrics and patterns all over the room.  Finally there was no room for ironing LOL

I have also made progress on the tablerunner from last post and I have almost done all my homework for my Antique Sampler that I am sewing together with Bjørg. 

This has been a great sewing weekend.

018

OPAM……this month have just gone too fast.  Only one tiny little finish, a pincushion made from a soda cork.  But I promise november will have more finishes.  Have to start making Christmas gifts now.

015

Wish I could do like this, but my back is to stiff and in pain right now.  Rusken really knows how to relax.

Saying for today:

Always remember you're unique,
just like everyone else.

23 comments:

Gra said...

I wish I could do like Rusken, too!!!
Your quilt top looks beautiful. It sounds like the perfect weekend to me!

Gunilla said...

Jag gillar kvilttoppen!

Laila said...

Clever girl. You have a lot of great items going on :-)
Are you sure Rusken are ok?-it looks like you have thrown him away:-D

Anonymous said...

Lovely fabrics and your quilt top is very nice. What a perfect weekend. I love how you have inspirational sayings at the end of each post.

Ann-Mari said...

Like the top. Nothing is smooth like a cat:-D

Chookyblue...... said...

glad you got some lovely sewing time in on the weekend.........wonderful......

Susie said...

What great progress! I love your work - the lighter sashing highlights the fabric combinations. Good on you!! Two days in the sewing room - I'm envious!!! lol. One day! Happy Stitching, Susie

Sandra Coleman Clarke said...

Your quilt is so pretty!!!! Ruskin needs to be published, Cute Cute cat and so relaxed!!

Ulla said...

Det ljusa tyget gör att blocken framträder så fint.
Ha en fin dag

nicoledemana crafts said...

What an amazing cat you have.
I have been in bed for two weeks with a bad back, still in some pain, but I have been in my sewing room from time to time mostly catching up on emails etc hope you improve quickly take care ttfn Nicole

Nancy in Norway said...

Nydelige farger! Rusken er jo bare helt herlig :-)

quiltygal said...

Wow you have been busy...I went to a stitchery weekend & did not do very much stitching I was too busy chatting & buying patterns & material lol...but I had a great time ....Ruskens antics always make me smile

Karen said...

The light sashing works very well in your quilt. It allows the blocks to be seen easier.

Elin said...

Nydeleg arbeid! Så fint det blei når du fekk lysne det litt. Mine repro-arbeid har ein tendens til å bli for mørke.
Og den pusen er no berre fantastisk.

Elisabeth Solum said...

Beutiful top and pillow (soon ..)
Regards from Lisa

Catarina C said...

Så härliga färger det är i din Pin-Wheelkvilt, kommer att bli jättesnygg!

PJs Lapperier said...

Härliga färger du sytt med.
Mysigt foto på "quiltkatten". De har ju en känsla för att välja det bästa att ligga och sova på :o)

Barbara said...

Just read about your blog on Quilt Inspiration blog. Thank you very much for the 2 heart stitch patterns - they are beautiful and I shall love making htem.

Hanne said...

You have been busy - lovely work :-)

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

What a beautiful quilt!! Take care of your back... so funny Rusken! :)

karen said...

I really like that quilt. It is time to start thinking about those Christmas gifts - it's already Nov 1st - yikes, lol. I sure wish I could twist like Rusken does, lol

Karen

Anonymous said...

really lovely your quilt top, I like it so much. Also the fabrics are beautiful.
Rusken is funny...truly a special cat!!!!!!
ciao

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Love the lighter sashing! Just Beautiful! Hugs,Mary

Related Posts with Thumbnails