Sunday, June 30, 2013

Tour de Fibre – day two – old and new projects

001

Day two in TdF and of course I had to start a new project.  Reading Nicolas blog I remembered I too had the project she had started to stitch some place in my sewing room.  And of course I had to find it.  Looking through my box of DMC embroidery yarn I found the colours I wanted to use.

002

Think these clours will be perfect for this stitchery.  It is a Leanne Beasley design.

004

Every time Hanne is visiting we are discussing old and new projects.  And today I showed her some old projects which I think deserves to be finished.  I have started to handquilt this one and it has been in a box for a veeeeeeeeery long time. 

006

This is quilt is called And Angels Story and is a Annie Downs design.  Long time since I sewed it together, the outher border is in the box.  Perhaps I should try to finish this one too……some day.

007

Finally some warm temperature outdoors.  Always nice to sit out on the porch stitching. Even better doing it with a friend.

016

Main focus this weekend have been A Tisket A Tasket.  Now I have done all the needleturn applique on the blocks.  But I still have some stitching to do on some of them.  Doing it this evening while watching a movie.  Thanks to Hanne I have figured out how to sew the quilt together.  That means a lot more applique to be done.

017

Some stithing done.  Just had to try out the colours of the thread.

019

And now I will glue some octagons.  Yes a new project, inspired by one Hanne is working on.

Hope you all had a wonderful day two in Tour de Fibre.  Remember that we are also posting on our Tour de Fibre group on Facebook.  The group has lots of wonderful quilters and it is so fun watching their tour in this TdF.

Saying for today:

1011948_10153367993610355_1616127908_n

6 comments:

Maria said...

Lovely quilts.
An angels story was made in 2 months and it was so cute
You must finish!.
Un besin

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love all your projects!

margaret said...

the angel quilt rally is very pretty, you have done achieved in the past 24 hours good on you.

Hanne said...

Thanks for a lovely weekend and a lot of Vitamin Q :-)

Elisabeth said...

Den første ufoen med solene var skikkelig fin=D

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh that circle one is wonderful! Yes you have to finish it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails