Sunday, February 03, 2008

Workshop

I'm happy Nadine made it to Norway on friday, because the airport in Oslo have been closed all weekend because of a big snowstorm. It has been an horribly weather with snow and rain and wind. But Nadine is thrilled about the weather. First time in her life she have seen so much snow.

On friday we visited the quiltshop again. We got a beautiful quiltshop and I think Nadine loves it.

And on friday evening we went to the workshop. We was going to make a quilt with our japaneese fabrics. I will show you later my top, but it's not finished yet. I still have a lot of work to do on it. I have collected japaneese fabrics for a long time, and now I dived down in the box to find the perfect colours for my quilt and I'm very pleased with the result so far. You'll see later.

Here is a photo of Irene threading the needle to start sewing on her squares.
And Nadine is borrowing my little Janome Jem Gold sewingmachine. You can look on her face that she is enjoying the workshop. Her top is also beatiful, but we still have a lot of sewing to do on it. I want her to bring her top finished back to Belgium, so we continue sewing tomorrow. And we'll show you a photo later on both her quilt top and mine.
Here I'm chain sewing a lot of squares for this quilt. That's a grateful job to do late sunday evening when being to workshop for three days. No thinking................and that felt good.
And after the workshop today we was invited to go to Irenes cabin. They had to go and check the roof after the big snowfall this weekend.
Look.....I think Nadine enjoys the snow. She is smiling from ear to ear :) And Mira (Irenes dog) is playing with her in the snow.
This has been a great weekend. Workshop, snowstorm, good food which Nadine cooked for us (italian pasta dish), laughter and good friends.
And there is still more to come....................
I have registered reports from the ladies that had joined my "january finish it up challenge" and I will soon announce the winner of the challenge. That's the one that finished most WISPs and then I will draw one lady that just joined this challenge. So if you have not mailed to me the final report of your WISPs, please do it now!!!!
Saying for today:
Anyone can give advice,
but a real friend will lend a helping hand

20 comments:

Libby said...

Looks like you two are having a lot of fun . . . can't wait to see the pieces you have been working on *s*

Unknown said...

There is no mercy at your place *LOL* you are going to let her finish the top *LOL* I can´t wait to see what you both are doing.

Tazzie said...

You are both having such a wonderful time, how I wish I could just jet on over and join the party!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh my goodness - you can tell you both are having a wonderful time! And look at all that snow! I can't wait to see both your quilt tops!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Busy, busy, busy looks like you both had a great time...

Christine said...

Great you are having such a lovely time with Nadine. It is raining heavily today and I just heard thunder so will have to turn off the computer for a while. Happy stitching.

Darlene said...

Oh, there you are! We were wondering what you two were doing!

I'm so glad that you're both having so much fun.

Unknown said...

My gosh, look at that beautiful smile..... so glad your both having such a lovely time.

Sigrun said...

Ser ut som om dere har hatt ei kjempetrivelig helg og at Nadine koser seg i Norge og på Elverum. Gleder meg til å se hva dere har sydd i de japanske stoffene.

Susan said...

Lots of fun, and lots of work finished, too. I look forward to seeing both of the quilts you two are working on. That's too much snow for me!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

That looks like far too much fun!!!
I think it is fabulous that you are having such a great time, especially as I know Nadine ahs been excited for ages!!
Can't wait to see the quilts, Tracey

keslyn said...

Looks like you are both having a great time, and OMG how much snow have you had.
Enjoy

Rose Johnston said...

Im so happy u two are having a fantastic time so far. Its so wonderful to read knowing that in 5 more sleeps our time with Anne Ida begins!!

Anita said...

I realy envy you that lovely quilt shop - it must be one of the best in Norway. Looking forward to see pictures of your quilt. Happy sewing :-D Hugs from me

Anne Ida said...

Looks like you gals are having a lot of fun! I can hardly wait till tomorrow :o) Until then have fun! Se you!

Jenni said...

Sounds like you had a lovely visit together May Britt. You are certainly having a lot of snow.

Anonymous said...

I love your friendship! So beautiful. I can't wait to see both of your new project!!

Needle, Thimble and Thread said...

What wonderful memories the two of your stitching together. Can't wait to see the quilts that you are working on.

My children saw Nadine standing in the snow and voted on us moving to Norway where there is "REAL" snow!

BIG BEAR HUGS,
Christine

Carole said...

Nadine hasn't stopped smiling from ear to ear since she got there! lol You are quite the host and I agree with with Guðrún's statement "there's is no mercy at your place" ROFLOL So glad to read that you are all having a lovely time! Enjoy!

Susan said...

I am DELIGHTED that the two of you are having such a fun time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails