Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reflections on 2010 and new years promises.

January was cold so I spend a lot of time in my sewingroom. But I tried a little bit skiing. As usual one of the new year promises is to exercise more in the year to come.

February . I still did great on my weekly focus projects. I am going to have the same focus in 2011, because this made me actually finish a lot of WISP's. And of course join the OPAM 2011. This years OPAM really pushed me to have at least one finish each month. And when I now count all finishes in 2010 I am so happy Kris and Peg will host OPAM 2011. I had 51 finishes this year...YOHOOOOO :)

March was a very special month. I got to meet Yoko Saito and spend some time together with her at the Norwegian Quilt associations annual meeting. I am a big fan of her books and patterns so this was soooooo fun. Wonder if I will meet a famous quilter in 2011. So far I have met Yoko Saito, Lynett Andersson and Leanne Beasley.

April. My quilt guild went on a quilt trip to Kathrines Quiltestue and Lappemakeriet.

May is weekend with good friends at the cabin. A lot of chatting, sewing, good food and redwine, and sharing quality quilting time with good friends. I look forward to several cabin trips with my friends in 2011.

June. Hanne and I decided to deal with our Butterfly garden BOM. And I know we are going to have challenges in 2011 to. It is great having friends that pushes you to sew on projects you the most of all wants to forget.

July and quilt trip to Lappeliza with Hanne and Bente + quality time at Bente's cabin. I hope summer 2011 will give a lot of warm summerdays so we can sit outside on the porch sewing.

August. The Butterfly garden quilt finished. Hanne and I gave eachother a challenge finishing this quilt, but we both sewed and sewed and sewed. So the finish came faster than we had expected. And I know that several other bloggers followed us in this challenge and finished their quilts too. Perhaps we can inspire others in 2011 too.

September. The quilt inspector Frida Cat loves sitting in my sewingroom while I am sewing. And this Autumn Houses quilt that I thought I should hang up on my wall this fall, is still not finished. Perhaps in time for autumn 2011 ??

October. A Dear Jane workshop with Hanne. Hope I can join more workshops in 2011 because it is always so fun and inspiring.

November. That was the month I joined the mug rug wave. It is so fun making mug rugs and I promise I will make more of these in 2011. I have also been asked to give a workshop in making mug rugs. And I have a lot of ideas for quilters special mug rugs.
December was a hectic month making Christmas presents. For Christmas 2011 I promise to start early making presents, because I want to relax and enjoy the advent time, not having the stress I had this year.

And of course.....

I have to show Rusken again. My favorite Christmas gift this year. I love him so much :)
But DD and DS.... please no surprises like this next year. For Christmas 2011 I have things that do not climb high and low on my wish list LOL

With this I wish all my blogging friends
a creative new year.
I look forward visiting your blogs in 2011
.

Saying for today:

New Year’s Reflections

Looking back on the months gone by,
As a new year starts and an old one ends,
We contemplate what brought us joy,
And we think of our loved ones and our friends.

Recalling all the happy times,
Remembering how they enriched our lives,
We reflect upon who really counts,
As the fresh and bright new year arrives.

And when I ponder those who do,
I immediately think of you.

Thanks for being one of the reasons
I'll have a Happy New Year!


By Joanna Fuchs

20 comments:

Sue-Anne said...

Happy New Year to you Brit. I love your new family member, he is beautiful! I hope Frida and he become the best of friends.

simplestitches said...

Happy New Year May Brit.
May it be all that you wish for and more...
cheers Julz

Kaaren said...

What a wonderful recap of your 2010. May 2011 bring you much joy, health and prosperity...and many finishes too!

Bonnie said...

Thanks for providing another year of good blogs to read. I love seeing the wonderful things you create and I enjoy the pictures of your cats, especially when they are helping you in the sewing room.

Yvette said...

What a great reflection!

Happy New Year!

Grethe said...

Et supert quilt-år er snart forbi; så spennende med posten din her; gøy å lese gjennom!
GODT NYTT ÅR til deg fra meg:-)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I do remember so many of those posts May Britt.....well done to you on all those 2010 finishes.....we look forward to seeing what you create in 2011...Happy New Year May Britt...you are one inspiring lady....xx

Haldis said...

Ønsker deg eit godt nytt år! Har vore kjekt å følge bloggen din, får inspirasjon av å komme hit.

Annelies said...

I wish you a very happy, healthy and creative 2011 !

Elin said...

For eit fint tilbakeblikk! Du er flink og systematisk, og fokusert, ikkje minst! Godt nytt år til deg!

weidemama said...

Das war ein super Jahr für Sie Brit, ihren Blog schaue ich mir gerne an!

Glückliches neues Jahr wünscht Wilma

supergoof said...

A *H*A*P*P*Y* New Year from The Netherlands!
:o)

Lorraine said...

what a great way to review the year......happy new year......and may you have as much creativity in your life in 2011 as you had this year......or more! Getting together with friends is such a great way to get quilts finished. This year has gone by so fast!

Frances Leate said...

What a busy year you have had and thank you for your inspiring blog. Happy New Year!

Beth said...

A happy and creative new year for you and yours too!
Hugs from brazilian summer!!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

What a lovely recap - great way to review the year. Looks like you had a great one. I hope that 2011 is even better!

Krikri said...

Tusen takk for all inspirasjon i året som gikk. Ønsker deg et GODT NYTTÅR!

Hanne said...

It has been so great to spend time with you in 2010 and I am looking forward to many fun moments together online and offline in 2011. I will also do my Christmas gifts earlier this year :-)

Karen said...

What a fun post, loved seeing all the months, and the projects. Still LOVE that Butterly quilt. What a beauty...

Carole said...

What a beautiful 2010 you've had! Happy New Year May Britt! I wish for you all that your heart desires or better! ;o) I truly enjoyed your reflection! Cheers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails