Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dear Jane meeting

Almost back to normal after the big quilt event last weekend. I have not done a single stitch in almost a week, so it felt good getting together with my DJ-friends. In october last year we had a workshop with Hanne teaching us to make DJ-blocks. And now some of us has agreed to meet and sew together. My box with DJ-blocks have been put away for several months now. Time to bring it out in the open again :)

Think some of the other girls also had problems deciding how to sew the blocks.

But it helps to have a discussion aroung the table to find the best way to sew a block.

I chose to work on a applique block today.

I have no plans making the whole DJ quilt yet, just sewing a block now and then, perhaps just one block each month when we meet. So far I have seven blocks. Too many other projects that I want to focus on.

Saying for today:

Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaah, dear Dear Jane ! ;>)
Amazingly, I think aboutit from time to time, open the book, make plans about colors, etc... and then decide to postpone. Yet, I know I'll be making my own DJ, sooner or later (more later than sooner, I guess! HeeHee).
Your blocks are still here in a nice box (just in case you'd like them back. LOL).
ENJOY those little blocks, even one per month is one less to make, and some day you'll have your quilt.
SUCCESS!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE
PS : thanks also for the wonderful serial reports on your annual meeting. GORGEOUS quilts !

Hanne said...

Looks like you girls had a good time together :-) If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask - maybe I can help.

Blogless me said...

You might be interested to visit and join the recently started European DJ club - you would be very welcome. Check it out at the following address:

http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/EuropeanDearJaneClub/

See you there soon!

Blogless me said...

You might be interested to know that recently an european DJ club was started. There is a Yahoo group devoted to it at the following address:

http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/EuropeanDearJaneClub/

You would be very welcome to join to share your progress and meet janiacs from lots of other countries. We do also meet about once a month and try to provide moral support and encouragement for each other, as well as very practical advice and demonstrations of different techniques used to make the blocks.

Please, come for a look and join if you like it. See you soon in cyberspace!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I REALLY like your saying about friendship! Friends...really do feed the soul!

hugZ,
annie

Siri said...

Hei. Tusen takk for hyggelig kommentar på bloggen min! I tillegg fant jeg meg selv igjen på blogglista di, og jeg føler meg virkelig beæret over det! Jeg vil gjerne ha deg på min bloggliste også, og det gjøres straks. Flott om du kan bruke ideen til bokomslag. Det er fine gaver, tenker jeg også. Noe de fleste kan ha glede for, men ikke får kjøpt i butikken. Hilsen Siri:-)

Siri said...

Hei og takk for hyggelig kommentar hos meg. Da fant jo jeg deg også. I tillegg fant jeg meg selv på blogglista di. Da ble jeg glad! Jeg føler meg virkelig beæret over det! Moro om du en gang (etter å ha gjort ferdig alt det andre....) prøver deg på bokomslaget jeg har lagt ut beskrivelse av. Hilsen Siri:-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails