Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Believe it or not, blue fabrics

You all know that my favorite colour is red.  But this post is just in blue fabrics, believe it or not.  Have loved working with these blue colours the last days.  Perhaps I am in a colour mood change.  Because I want to buy more blue fabrics!!!

001

Remember the snowmen from an earlier post.  They are all appliqued and got their stitched details.  Yesterday I started to add the sashings.

007

This morning I sewed it all together.  Ready to be basted and quilted.  I love these cute snowmen.

006

And this little dresden plate quilt is quilted and today I sewed down the binding while visiting a friend.  Sewing down bindings is boring, but goes so fast when talking to a good friend.

Saying for today:

1385557_646087052089671_1742441967_n

13 comments:

snigglar@gmail.com said...

Your snowmen Quilt is nice, now Winter can come. And I love the one with the Dresden plates

Mireille said...

lovely your snowmen quilt,
just in time for winter,

Grethe said...

Flotte snemenn; har mønsteret,nå gleder meg til å ta fatt en dag!
Vakker Dresden plate quilt, du er dyktig,May Britt:-)

Susan said...

Love your snowmen, the sashings are a perfect finish. I used to sew everything in blue, then it became red, and now I'm just trying to be more colourful.

Michelle said...

I really love the snowman quilt-so dam cute!!! I agree with Susan the border fabric is the perfect finish.
Michelle

Gail said...

I love blue!!

Ondrea said...

I love the blues and the quilt is lovely. The Dresden plates little quilt has come up beautifully. Well Done!

margaret said...

two very nice quilts, the snowmen are a bit of fun.They certainly would not have worked in red! Love the dream saying will have to copy that out.

STEINKJERRINGA said...

Det er jo flott med blått. Kanskje det er til ære for vår nye statsminister?

Ronda said...

beautiful Mary! I am a red girl too but I love a little blue now and then. I love to sew binding because it is mindless sewing really calming to me.

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

These snowmen are so cute!! Love them! The Dresden plates quilt is also really nice!

Nana's Quilts said...

Oh I have quite a few blue pieces, but especially LOVE your dresden plates. It is so very soft and peaceful. Great!

Nana's Quilts said...

Oh I have quite a few blue pieces, but especially LOVE your dresden plates. It is so very soft and peaceful. Great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails