Sunday, October 20, 2013

Progress on my Dear Jane tote

003

Today I have done some progress on my Dear Jane tote.  Sewed the blocks together.  Took a long time because there were different sewingallowance on the blocks, so I had to trace lines to sew along.  So this is the front and the back of the tote.  I have been inspired by the Dear Jane tote that Hanne made some time ago, you can see it here.

004

And in between I have been handquilting on my Antique Sampler quilt.  With good help from Rusken.

Saying for today:

f79a479184a74ab561f845e52fc1a658

9 comments:

Deb R said...

Beautiful stitching, loving your sampler quilt.

Ondrea said...

Beautiful! The sampler quilt is lovely too.

Ulla said...

Perfect tote made by Dear Jane blocks.I think many of us have blocks made but not anything more.Thanks.

margaret said...

your tote is going to be great, I am sure you will get lots of comments when out with it. you can now start your Dear Jane again in your new colour range.

STEINKJERRINGA said...

Det er ikke småtterier du tar tak i. Det ser jammen vanskelig ut, men fint blir det.

Nana's Quilts said...

What an excellent idea - to make a Dear Jane tote. I didn't see that on Hanne's blog - so thanks for the link. I have made several blocks but not enough for a whole quilt - great idea!

mascanlon said...

Another approach to ufos...I think its on Pat Sloan's list of ways to sort them out. If you aren't going to finish up, trade the blocks, use for charity quilt or make something else! Love the idea of a tote and of course its in your signature red!

Kate said...

WOW!! Så flott det blir May Britt :-)

Sue said...

Love looking at your projects. You do a wonderful job. My friend went to a Dear Jane retreat in Vermont. Brenda P. was there as was the original quilt. Have a great time on your trip.

Sue in Canada

Related Posts with Thumbnails