Friday, October 11, 2013

Several projects

I guess I am not the only one having a lot of projects going on.  You remember the two boxes from my previous post.  Where I decided to continue prepping This Goes With That hexagons with the red fabrics.  That was because I had other plans with the other box.

001

I am going to make a orange peel quilt using these fabrics.  They are a kind of out of my comfort sone, but I LOVE these fabrics.

002

So this week I have prepped a lot of orange peel blocks.  This will be another perfect #happytravellingproject for my trip to Shipshewana. Only 5 weeks until we are on the plane now. Hope I will meet a lot of blogging friends there.

003

Started to machinequilt my Red Home quilt this week. Decided that I had to do something with the pile of basted quilts.  Quilting a little now and then because my neck is not feeling so good at the moment. 

010

And Rusken really like to join me in the sewingroom.

014

And he loves the Red Home quilt.  So this is cat approved several times.

004

So when Rusken is sleeping on the Red Home quilt and I am not able to machinequilt on it, I’ve been handquilting on this little quilt.

007

We have already had several frost nights and it was cold this morning when I took photos of these cute snowmen.  This is blocks I gave Hanne for her adventcalendar last year and we were sewing it together.  But with all the Christmas preparations and then spring and summer came it was not finished.  Just three blocks done.

019

Today I have stitched and appliqued 4 blocks.  Hope to finish the last two blocks this weekend and then I can sew the quilt together.  Each little block is so fast to make, so why did I put it away last Christmas.

Tomorrow will be an exciting day together with ladies from my quiltgroup. Will tell you more later.

Saying for today:

fc0f19f7d75439d1884bb8414ee8189e

16 comments:

Raewyn said...

Beautiful projects, as always, May. So nice that Rusken approves of your work!!

Peggy said...

Will you be coming to Shipshewana, IN in the USA? If so, it is a charming place with a couple great fabric shops. If this is where you will be coming, please let me know. I would love to come over and meet you. I love reading your blog and only live about an hour from Shipshewana.

Kate said...

Oh my, you are a busy lady.

Darlene said...

I love to peek in to see what you're doing, May Britt. As usual you've amazed me. I always enjoy your projects. :-)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

very nice projects - I always work on more than one also - coming to America huh - have fun!!

margaret said...

you have certainly achieved a lot these past few days, can see why your cat Rusken enjoys the red quilt so much, it looks so cosy.

Judith said...

Well do enjoy your exciting day. Wow off to shipshewana! Jealous!!!!!

Susan said...

Lovely projects you're working on. Isn't Risken a sweetie. Maybe Red Home will be his quilt.

carina said...

He how nice you have make the red home also! And other verry nice projects, nice great carina

Luz said...

Wonderful Rusken!!!!

Lara said...

Very cute! I love to peek in to see what you're doing!!!
Kitty charm!

moosecraft said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Love all these quilts... the designs and fabrics selections are ones that I always gravitate towards. Little Ruskin looks mighty comfy! I'm new to your blog... so I'll be looking through past posts to see more of that dresden quilt! :-)

Nana's Quilts said...

I do like your orange peel pieces. I would be challenged too - those are not my colors, either. But they look great. I have visited Shipshewana - excellent that you will get to travel there. A couple of great fabric stores - although the finished quilts were very expensive. Enjoy!

Grethe said...

Mye spennende å lese i posten her! gøy å følge med deg, og god reise forresten, pass på at Rusken hardest bra uten deg :-)

Patti said...

Teehee! I just wrote a post about the very thing you mention in your post title! You are truly an inspiration to me. I sure hope your neck is feeling better soon. Seems like you had that problem last year too - or was it your shoulder? I love all your projects, and I think the orange peel will turn out beautifully!

Unknown said...

Please, do you tell me who's author the project of snowman?
Sorry my english, I'm brasilien and I love your blog.
Thanks, Ana.

Related Posts with Thumbnails