Monday, August 14, 2006

Ideas for a new crazy quilt

My phone and internet broke down friday........and I have missed it so. I had so much I was going to write about but was not able to......grrrrmph. But now I am happy again. The internet is working again.

Saturday I was on a fleemarket and guess what I found. Some goodies that I will use in my crazy quilting. I have a black and white photos of my grandparents, a weddingphoto of my parents, my two kids when they where newborn and myself as a baby. I will copy this photos on to fabric and make a crazyquilt of them. So now I am collecting fabrics in cream and white, not plain cotton but fabric with structure on. And buttons and laces. And it will take a while before starting it. Have to have the perfect fabric first.

Telefonen og internett falt ut på fredag........og jeg har savnet det så. Jeg hadde jo så mye å skrive om, og så var det ikke mulig.......grrrrrr. Men nå er jeg lykkelig igjen. Internett virker.
Lørdag var jeg på et loppemarket og gjett hva jeg fant. Noen godsaker som jeg skal bruke i crazy quilting. Jeg har sort/hvitt biler at mine besteforeldre, et bryllupsbilde av mine foreldre, mine to barn da de var nyfødte og meg selv som liten. Jeg vil kopiere disse over på stoff og lage en crazy quilt av dem. Så nå samler jeg stoffer i krem og hvitt, ikke bare vanlige bomullsstoffer, men stoff med struktur på. Og knapper og blonder. Men det vil ta en tid før jeg får startet på dette. Må ha de rette stoffene først.

This is what I found at the flee market.

Dette er hva jeg kjøpte på loppemarkedet. And this is the photos I am going to use. I have copyed photos to fabric before at a photoshop. Perhaps I can do it in a copymachine at work????

Og dette er bildene jeg skal bruke. Jeg har kopiert bilder over på stoff før på en fotobutikk. Men kanskje jeg kan gjøre det i kopimaskinen på jobb???
I am very fond of old buttons, laces and embellishment. I remember my grandmothers box of buttons. She is the lady down to the right on my photo above. I used to play with the buttons when I was a little girl. She also had a crazy quilt laying on her bed where I used to sit and play with the buttons. I do not know where the quilt is, neither the button box. Thats a pity. My grandfather emigrated to USA for a while. But when my grandmother did not want to follow after him, he came back to Norway. But his brother and sister stayed there, and a couple of years ago we had family from USA visit us. My grandmother was always sewing, knitting, doing something with her hands all the time. And it seems I have inherit it.

Jeg er veldig glad i gamle knapper, blonder og annen pynt. Jeg husker knappeboksen til min bestemor. Hun er damen nederst til høyre på bildet ovenfor. Jeg brukte å leke med knappene da jeg var liten jente. Hun hadde også en crazy quilt liggende på sengen der jeg satt og lekte med knappene. Jeg vet ikke hvor teppet er nå, heller ikke knappeboksen. Og det er synd. Min bestefar emigrerte til USA en liten stund. Men når bestemor ikke ville følge etter ham, kom han tilbake til Norge. Men hans søster og bror ble igjen der, og for noen år siden hadde vi besøk av familien fra USA. Min bestemor holdt bestandig på med noe. Hun sydde, strikket og gjorde håndarbeid hele tiden. Og det ser ut til at jeg har arvet det.

4 comments:

Libby said...

I have my mother's button box. I used to love to play with as a little girl. It still has a certain smell when opened that takes me back to those days. There is even a lock of my baby hair and a baby tooth, too. I haven't opened it for long time, but I think I will today.

Julia said...

I used to play shop with my mothers button box..the buttons were the money...I had hours of fun doing that now my DGC do the same..

Julia said...

I love old photos...I wish my family had taken more photos all those years ago..
This will be a very special quilt..

Cynthia said...

I have made a small CQ wall hanging which i am working on. It's made up of 9 blocks and in the centre of each block is a photo of my parents in law who both passed away seven years ago.

I have a brooch, buttons and other bits that belonged to my mother in law and i will be adding them to the wall hanging.

I look forward to seeing your CQ with photos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails