Friday, November 02, 2007

Back to normal days

I'm almost back to normal days after Leanne left Trysil and went back home to Australia. We had such great fun together. But everything comes to an end and we have to get back to normal. But we have all these memories and photos to look at. And so many ideas !!!

Today it was a bit cold outside.............inside the house also............so I made a fire in my fireplace. And I bought a new box to have all the wood in. I love when I can make a cup of warm tea and sit in front of the fire and just relax. We had a little bit of snow today too, but it's all gone now
I have done a little bit more on my Friendship basket which I started on the wednesday class with Leanne. I love this one. I have appliqued the basket and all the flowers and done the stitchery around the basket. I have chosen to have a lot of sayings around the border. That's because I love sayings and always have one at the end of my posts.
The first one is saying: Flowers are the stars of heaven. You have to wait and see what the sayings on the other sides are later.
And guess what I've bought. I had to have one of those Jelly Rolls too.
What to make of it................no idea!!
Well............my first idea was to make a hexagone quilt of it but then I've bought all these flanell fabrics for that project ..........so I have to think about it........... for a while............. LOL
Saying for today:
One quilt project, like one cookie, is never enough!

25 comments:

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

En yndig lille quilt - dit farvevalg er perfekt :-)
Quiltehilsner
Angelika

Pat said...

You do beautiful work. Is this pattern available or was it special for her class. You were so lucky to have her teach a class. She always has a smile and is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm... can't wait sitting by your fireplace.....

Your friendship basket is sooo cute. LOVE the colors and fabrics, too!

Aaaaah, Jelly Rolls !Don't tempt me, please !

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

julieQ said...

I bought that same Jelly roll!!! Such pretty fabrics. I can't wait to know what you do with it!! I have all kind of ideas, but hate to break apart such a pretty roll...

JulieQ

Annie said...

I love your flower basket stitching and the jelly roll, well, I just love it as it is. I think I want one too. Just so I can think what to make next. There's always a new project on the horizon.

Anne Ida said...

Your friendship basket is progressing wonderfully!!! Looking great! I'm still trying to get used to needle turn appliqué...

I love your jelly roll! I've got a couple... one I have plans for (simple plans) and one I have no idea what to do with. *lol*

Take care and have a wonderful weekend! Big hugs...

Thimbleanna said...

That block is adorable! Your work is so pretty.

Unknown said...

The red colors of the flowers in the basket are so beautiful and your stitching is great.

Darlene said...

Your Friendship Basket is adorable! I can imagine how much you have enjoyed working on that. It's a basket filled with so many memories.

It's nice to get back to normal after such a busy and enjoyable week. :-)

Mary Johnson said...

I have a jelly roll too that my sister gave me for my birthday in JUNE! I have a pattern chosen, I just have to find time to make it.

Hanne said...

Your basket quilt is coming along nicely :-)
I have not done a stitch on mine - yet - but Peace and Plenty will be finished soon.
I want to show it in my guild's show next weekend.

Unknown said...

You sound to have had such a lovely time during Leanne's visit - hope your shoulder is still mending

Helen said...

Hello May,
Love you friendship/flower basket and the saying underneath you post is so true. Thanks for providing such a nice blog. I like visiting!

Yvonne said...

Your fire looks so cozy...your block is gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see what you make with the jelly roll. Hope your arm is feeling better. :)

Jeanne said...

May, I love the friendship basket! You are a fast worker to have so much appliqued and stitched already. It's always fun to see what you are making. The jellyroll is very pretty, also.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Love that saying for today, very fitting for me!!
The Amazon book looks great, as does your beautiful applique, you really do beautiful work, pleased the shoulder is holding up, Tracey

meggie said...

Your saying for the day is soooo right!
Hugs XX

Sølvis blog said...

Å den kurven bli kjempefin. Hvor har du fått tak i det rosa stoffet med hjerter - husker du det? Jeg sitter her og mangler en bit til titte og lukkekant på en quilt.

Viola said...

Wonderful block! Compliments!
Ciao from Italy
Viola

atet said...

Your friendship basket is lovely and that fire looks so inviting. That is one thing I really miss about my last apartment -- a wood burning fireplace :0). Your workshops and classes with Leanne sound like they were so much fun! What a wonderful experience!

Susan said...

After looking at all of your wondeful pictures I had to get a Leanne Project all my own. Thanks for the introduction.

Rose Marie said...

What a sweet block and the quote is perfect!

Leanne said...

Glad to see you are getting on with your homework your work is lovely - I love sitting by the fire also there is something so relaxing about flames.

Amanda Jean said...

I like your saying for today. SO TRUE!

Libby said...

Mmmmm - cozy days spent stitching by the fire. Enjoy *s*

Related Posts with Thumbnails