Sunday, November 25, 2007

A quilt, a nice weekend and one advice to SSCS

When I came home from my trip to the cabin on wednesday the postman had delivered a big package for me. It was the quilt I won from Crazy Mom Quilts blog some time ago. I'm so happy to receive this. It is beutiful made and the colours is just ME. One fun thing is that when I took a good look at it, I could not find any fabric that have been in my stash. I placed it in my sewing chair and Frida jumped imidiately up in it .


Hmmmmm.....what is this.........something new???
Okei....how does it feel to lie down on it..............

Lovely..........the quilt is approved!!!!!
Thank you Amandajean.......Both Frida and I love the quilt!!


Thursday morning I woke up very early go take the bus to visit my friend Hanne. We had a great day together sewing, chatting, laughing and looking through her patterns. Like me she has a lot of stitchery ptterns. I guess we have enough projects for several (read: hundreds) of years. Here is a photo of her together with a beautiful table runner she showed me.
I've been in Oslo all weekend. Visiting my boyfriend and my DS and his girlfriend. On saturday we had a romantic dinner before going in the the theatre.
Today we went for a walk at Akershus festning (Akershus fortress)
It's in the middle of Oslo and has a great view.
The view out on Oslofjorden.
And the next photos below is from the fortress.

Today when I came home there was a BIG surprise in the mailbox. The long lost envelope from australia had arrived. Together with the new envelope from Leanne (The stitching room). Long time ago, I guess a month or so, Leanne posted a Homespun stitchery magazine for me. And that envelope got lost on it's way. I belived some nice mailman had found it and that he had confiscate the magazine because he wanted to stitch some of the projects. Meanwhile Leanne offered to post a new magazine. And today when I came home from Oslo both envelopes was in my mailbox.
On the long lost envelope it was a label saying: "Delayed for compliance with aviation security regulations". I guess the customs have confiscated the envelope because it was making such strange noises. They had opened the envelope, and they also had opened the little box of Smarties chocolate LOL Did they think it was something dangerous LOL
So one advice to all you Secret Santas who are going to post the christmaspresents very soon. To avoid any delay of the presents, be sure you do not post anything "dangerous".
So now I got two Homespun Stitchery Classics, a nice stitchery pattern and some Smarties chocolate (did the customs taste it too LOL)

ONLY FOUR WEEKS TO CHRISTMAS!!
Beter hurry up making presents now


Saying for today:
When you stop believing in Santa Claus
you get underwear for Christmas

26 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

what a funny story about the stitchery magazine.....you can give onw to Nadine now..........isn't that issue just wonderful.........and the quilt from Crazy Mum Quilts is lovely.........lucky you and I love the picks you too while away and Hanne tablerunner........

dutchcomfort said...

The quilt is so gorgeous! My cat Midas always has to approve everything that arrives newly at home too. How wonderful the magazines arrived at last! Isn’t it a shame we can’t buy those wonderful magazines in our own countries.

Susan said...

I'm glad you got your packages, but I'm wondering if you got all the chocolate! =)

The quilt is gorgeous, what a lucky you!

The picture from your day in Oslo are just gorgeous. I'd like to have a chance to see it myself - when it warms up. =)

Libby said...

So glad your magazines arrived . . . at last. I check my door every day for a box that has been in the mail for 6 years now *s* I think my things are living with someone else now. Thank you for sharing the lovely scenery from Oslo - it's so wonderful to travel to new places and not have jet lag *s*

atet said...

What lovely packages in the mail! And chocolate too?!? Heaven!

Beertje Zonn said...

The quilt is beautifuland de cat too!
Kind regards,

Sonnja, from the Netherlands
BEERTJE ZONN

jeanette said...

Lucky you to win such a beautiful quilt!!!

meggie said...

I love that quilt, & I was sooo glad when you won it!
What a funny story about the magazines, & the 'dangerous' Smarties! LOL.
Hanne's tablerunner is lovely.

Hanne said...

Your quilt is lovely, and now cat approved - can it be any better ?

Thanks for a wonderful day.
We can spend the next 100 years together, doing stitchery - is that a deal ? :-)

My magazine is in the mail today. I hope it gets here faster than yours. Smarties might not be dangerous for airplanes, but my experience it can be dangerous for your waist line - hehehe

Anne Ida said...

Happy monday morning! Looks like you had a great time, visiting Hanne and spending time with your dear ones in Oslo :o)

Funny story about the magazine, but mailing to and from Aussie is a hazard - never know what they stop...

Have a wonderful day!

Leanne said...

I am soo glad they arrived. What a laugh exploding smarties. I had just started to wonder if the second one was going to arrive it has been 2 week since I posted it.

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

May, Thank you for posting the photos from Oslo. My maternal grandfather was born in Oslo, and it was nice to see the photos. Your new quilt is beautiful!

Caron in Michigan, USA
http://blog.caronmosey.com

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Nothing like the cat's approval to see that your new quilt is welcomed into the house. What a lucky girl you are to win such a lovely gift!

Jenny said...

Ooh, I would love to do a trade with you if you are interested. Since you have two magazines, if you don't have plans for the other? I will email you.

Judy said...

Lovely quilt! Just wonderful colors, and the cats approve! Glad you finally got your magazines!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Amazing how cats always find those quilt. Mine always do!

Katherine said...

What wonderful mail you've been receiving! Lucky you!

Sounds and looks like, you had a wonderful weekend in Oslo. Thanks for sharing photos.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow so much to catch up on! That is an awesome table runner Hanne showed you! And look at how much kitty loves your new quilt! Too funny!

Unknown said...

I have actually visited Akershus festning both inside and out, I really enjoyed it.

Jeanne said...

I wonder what pattern the postman stitched! VBG I'm happy to hear you have received your magazine/s. What a fun day for you and Hanne, too.

~Marica~ said...

Lyckliga dig som har 2 nr av denna nya tidning. Jag hoppas att det finns mycket läsvärt i den? Det skulle vara skoj att få höra om den är tillräkligt intressant att läsa och om det är något man ska köpa.

Kram marica

Patti said...

Oh lucky you - what a beautiful quilt! So happy your package finally showed up - now you can give Hanne a copy. I love all the pictures you post of Norway. Someday I really want to visit Scandanavia, since I am half Scandanavian. (Shhhh . . . Swedish, not Norwegian)

Carole said...

Beautiful quilt! Frida looks a lot like Princess Stella! Hanne's table runner is sweet! I must be on the look out for that special stitchery issue! Thanks for sharing!

MARCIE said...

You are getting some nice things in the mail! Your new quilt is beautiful. Best wishes!

corry said...

What a great gift...the quilt is beautiful! Thanks for the sscs posting advice, I'm working hard to get things ready for sending of on time!

Perry said...

I like your quilt. I love the scenery pictures and I laughed about your danagerous package. You have had a fun few days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails