Saturday, November 17, 2007

Mystery quilt part 2

Today came clue # 2 ( in norwegian here) in this years mystery quilt. Merete is the one who have designed this for us. She have done this several years now . You can find earlier mysteryprojects from her here. I think I have made all of them. And most of them have become beautiful table runners, so perhaps this years mystery will be one too??? Who knows yet.

As you see I now have added more around the three first blocks

and I have made three new blocks. Next clue will come on wednesday.
Not a saying today, instead I give you a poem I found on the net. I think a lot of you will recongnize yourself in this:

Disappearing Act

Where do all my pins disappear to?
I've picked up all the ones off the floor.
But when I put them back into their box,
It looked as though there ought to be more.

What became of the needle I had in my hand
When I picked up the spool to thread it?
It seems to have vanished into thin air,
But that explanation I can't credit.

How does my thimble disappear
From the basket where it was laid?
I haven't heard it rolling 'round on the floor
As it did when the cats with it played.

What did I do with that fabric I need
That I had just an hour ago?
I put it away, but in what place?
It's somewhere that it doesn't show.

The magazine with the pattern I liked
Was right on top of that pile.
I
guess it's sunk, but how far down
In such a little while?

I know that book went back on its shelf
And should be with books of its kind.
But I just can't find it, though I've looked five times.
Can it be that I'm going blind?

It's a very good thing that my sewing machine
Is something that's too big to hide.
Not being able to find something as big as that
Would really humble my pride!

I don't know why things I know that I had
Disappear when I put them away.
I find it annoying but I very much fear
It's a problem that's here to stay.

(Author: unknown)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, my friend, your mystery quilt is coming pretty ! Can't wait seeing what follows....

CUTE, lovely poem, too ! THANKS.

Hugs & smiles to you !
NADINE

Hanne said...

Your mystery quilt is looking good so far :-)
I am passing this year.
I can however need a boot to my (_Y_) on my ongoing projects!

Patti said...

Love the poem! The mystery quilt is looking VERY intriguing! I'm eager to see how it evolves.

Ila K. said...

Your mystery looks very interesting, I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks for the poem. So true, so true!

Vicki W said...

That's a very interesting mystery quilt!

Susan said...

The colors you picked are turning out wonderful in the block. I followed your link yesterday and found the previous years' mysteries, too. I wondered if you had done them all!

Teodo said...

This poem is true............
ah where is my memory?
ciao ciao

Darlene said...

I'll be watching your progress on your mystery quilt - the colors are terrific.

Thank you for sharing the cute poem.

Unknown said...

How great to have a mystery quilt like that from a Norwegian designer on the internet.

Beertje Zonn said...

I'll be watching your progress on your mystery quilt!
Kind regards,

Sonnja, from the Netherlands

atet said...

Oooh -- your mystery is looking lovely! I can't wait to see what it ends up being! And that poem? How did the author find their way into my home?

Rita Tjelta said...

Tusen takk for kommentaren på bloggen min. Mysterie quilten ser veldig spennende ut. Fikk dessverre ikke tid til å delta selv, men kommer garantert til å følge med dere andre som syr. Flotte farger du har valgt. Ha en fin søndag :D :D

Karen said...

Your squares are coming together so nicely. I love the green you added in.
Looking forward to the more pictures later.
Thanks for sharing

julieQ said...

Looking good, Can't wait to see what the finished product!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Thank you for telling us about this mystery. I would love to try it too! I will see if I have the fabric in my stash to start.

Rose Marie said...

So far, this mystery is intriguing! Show us more.

Yvonne said...

Hello! I'm new to blogland and came across your site, checking out all the other quilters out there. Your mystery quilt is very interesting, as is your site in general. I was lucky enough to tour around Norway with my sweet mother-inlaw in 1992. We didn't find any quilt shops then, but it might be time to go there with my husband so he can meet his family..and I can look for quilt shops! ;-) Quilting makes the world a smaller and more friendly place!

Rose Johnston said...

Love the blocks for ur mystery quilt and eagerly awaiting more!!! Honeysuckle Cottage is running one but i just cant fit it in!!
Great poem (was there a reference on how to find that darn needle that goes missing lol)

Related Posts with Thumbnails