Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's worth it

It's worth blogging when you meet someone at the quiltshop telling you that she visits my blog very often and she loves reading what I blog. And then she tells me that she get lost in all the links I have on my sidebar. So today I have updated my sidbare with places I like to visit, and I have made a list of scandinavian bloggers. And still I have more blogs on my bloglines to add, and I discover new blogs very often.

Blogging is fun and I want to have a blog that can inspire others with the love of quilting. I do not want my blog to be too private. I have subscribed on some blogs on bloglines that have become too private in their blogging, sorry but I do not want to know all about you. I hope you not will be mad at me now, but that's my opinion. I want to visit blogs that inspire me with tutorials, laughter, joy, humor and of course QUILTING. I love to see photos of quilting, how you decorate for christmas, the place you live, animals, events aso But don't make your postings too private..............you know what I mean. And I love receiveing comments on my posts, sorry that still many of you have "no reply".

Yesterday morning I heard a noice at the porch. Thought it was a cat or a dog that visited, but when I opened the door, this was laying by my front door. A big package. It had been our kind postman running up the stairs and delivered this to me. But he did not rang the doorbell LOL

I rushed inside and opened it. It was from my good friend Nancy in Grimstad. A late birthdaypresent for me. She intended to visit me and join Leannes class in Trysil, but she got sick and now she had posted my present for me.

Look at this beautiful drawstringbag she had made for me.
And inside the bag it was my favorite cup, some chocolat (only three on the photo because the rest is alredy eaten LOL) Look at the cat she have appliqued on the front, similar to the cat at the cup. She knew I had broken the cup I bought on my summerholiday. That cup had become my favorite cup and I was so sad when I smashed it. Now I have a new one. The bag is ment to protect the cup when I'm bringing it to quiltmeetings. But I think this new cup will stay home and the old cup with the missing handle will go in the bag then.
Jeanette, May Kristin and Luisa is the three ladies that will receive PIF from me. If anyone wants to participate so perhaps they have a place left for you to join.........so hurry over to them.

Saying for today:
There's enough warmth in a friend's hug
to warm up the coldest day

(PS: minus 15 this morning......Brrrrrrrrrrr)

19 comments:

Emily said...

And a Happy Belated Birthday wish from me, May! I love your the cup you just received! Very nice.

Vicki W said...

That's a very cool and thoughtful gift! What a nice surprise.

Anonymous said...

For en flott pakke du har fått, og gratulerer med dagen som har vært. Du lurte på om mønsteret til AnnAka på Aboriginerveska kom ut snart, men det tror jeg ikke det gjør. Kursmønstrene er visst noe hun ikke gir ut i det hele tatt. Dette er et nytt konsept som hun har laget, og har bare holdt 2 kurs på denne veska. Hun skal til Fredrikstad til helga og holde kurs. Du kan kanskje ta kontakt med henne for å få vite når og hvor hun skal holde de ulike kursene slik at du kanskje kan melde deg på? Ha en fin dag.

Darlene said...

A wonderful surprise on a very cold day. Please send some of your cold weather to the me. It's still too hot here. :-(

Carole said...

Oh my, what a lovey gift! I read you regarding blogs that are too personal! I too do not enjoy reading about their personal life every day. Once in a while it's fun, but that's it! Wow, -15, that's cold. Here it is rainy at the moment and 6C. Keep warm!

Anita said...

ÅÅhhh for en lekker gave fra Nancy :-D Den er du virkelig verdt May Britt - alltid hyggelig og blid :-))) Kan du spørre Nancy hvor hun har kjøpt den lekre koppen - kunne trengt en slik selv.

Hanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Libby said...

Don't you just love the sound of a package on the porch *s* A lovely surprise.

Hanne said...

Lovely cup with a lovely draw string tote - what a nice gift :-)

I am with you - it is a great difference between personal and to private on blogs.
I find that most blogs are personal in a nice way, and the others I can choose not to read.
I like the diversity of blogland - it is a place there for all of us :-)
I like to get to know the authors of the blogs, to put a personality to their writing.
I enjoy if they have a photo of themselves in the profile or every now and then in their posts too and I enjoy posts being decorated by clipart or photos.
I heard the other day how many blogs are out there - wow, super many - and I think it is great that we keep on blogging for years and months. I guess it is because we have a thread in common - pun very intended :-)
I guess many quilters who blogs are not the best quilt list material......
I like to be able to talk about this and that without being monitored by list owners - but that is me ;-)

dutchcomfort said...

I love the drawstring bag with the black cat! Telling about yourself in a post once and a while in a funny way won’t hurt. I’ve been tagged quite a few times and I think it’s not kind to refuse, but sometimes I tend to. I think I’ve revealed everything I want to share now. I’ve seen posts on blogs I don’t like either, so much private stuff. We are free however to visit and I like to read about quilts, sewn and knitted projects and designed stuff, because I love to do all those crafts. I also love to learn more about traditions, cultures and landscapes. There is so much inspiration!

Susan said...

I think you have world-wide readership. =) Lovely present from a friend who really knows what you would like. That's the best kind of present.

Susan said...

Just what you needed on such a cold day.......

Enjoy a cup of chocolate, a good fire and a stitchery.

Anonymous said...

Hi May Britt, your Blog is beautiful
Greats Tanja

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. What I'm looking for, while browsing through Blogland, is crafty inspiration and creativity above all. When these are completed with a good recipe, or a good houseeking, gardening tip, OK that's the icing on the cake...I think everyone has the right to share very personnal/private matters but, somehow, these are making me feel unease, as if I was indiscreet, or as if I opened a private journal... Then I think I can always choose to skip or not...


Hey, by the way, what a treat in your mailbox today ! ENJOY, my friend !

((HUGS)) & smiles to you,
NADINE

Vickie E said...

Apparently I haven't been around blogland long enough to notice all the personal blogs...with 'private' info. Likely I just skipped them haha

Mary Johnson said...

Isn't it fun when someone recognizes you from the blog? I was at a local quilt show a few weeks ago and someone recognized me from my photo on the blog.

I try to mix my quilting life with some personal things but I don't share private family/personal issues or problems.

Anonymous said...

Tak for fin kommentar i min blog, sikken en flot pose til krus, og så et krus der passer i farve og mønster, der var smart.

Leanne said...

What a great bag and cup - it is always good to get late presents.

Yvonne said...

I love your cup....what a good friend you have....love the kitty and the bag. :)
I agree with your post....I love visiting and being ispired but the private stuff...well it's private. I've met so many wonderful ladies...how cool for you to have someone recognize you that way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails