Sunday, June 08, 2008

Friend visiting

As I told in my previous post I was expecting a visit from Hanne. We met at the quiltshop (of course) when I came home from work. After some shopping (not me!!!!) we went home to my place.
We had a lovely time out on the porch. It was hot summer temperature and we sipped to our redwine while chatting and stitching. Notice the little doll on the table. I guess Hanne will tell more about her soon. The doll is soooooooooo beautiful and I must admit I got a little hooked on having one too. I guess some of you quilters will recognize this doll because when I watched all the photos from Hannes trip to usa I noticed several ladies at the quiltmeeting had some of these dolls. Please tell me more about them :)
Hanne and Frida is very good friends and was having a good time together.
While out on the porch we did some stitching and I worked on my Butterfly Garden block number 3. This is what I've managed to do this weekend. Not so much stitching because.......
I had my brothers grandchildren staying with me this weekend. We had a lot of fun. Playing, eating pizza and of course today we went bathing. The water was so nice so even I jumped into the water. I wish I had all the energy these two kids have. I'm exhausted having them around me LOL , but I look forward to next time because they are such two lovely kids.

Saying for today:

The best thing to spend on kids is time

13 comments:

Gerry said...

May, you have entirely too much fun! Hope you had a wonderful visit.

Libby said...

Shopping, stitching, visiting and swimming, too . . .what a great weekend *s*

Inger said...

For ei flott helg dere har hatt. Her har det gått litt i eksamenslesing, men ikke så mye som det burde. Lite tid med symaskinen. Ha ei flott uke.

Unknown said...

How nice to sit out on the porch and stitch with a good friend.

Jeanne said...

It sounds like a great week-end. You and Hanne have so much fun together.

Ms. Jan said...

Aren't quilty get-togethers just the most fun? You and Hanne always look like you are having just too much fun!

Anonymous said...

I love everything quilting but I love cats more. The picture of Frida and Hanna is really cute! If cats could smile, there would be one on Frida's face because she's really loving that head massage.

Stina Blomgren said...

A perfect spent weekend...hope you all had a wonderful time... oh my...better finish my Quiters journey so I can start on my Butterfly garden...pheeew...;D

Nanette Merrill said...

What a nice post. Thanks May.

Hanne said...

Thanks for lovely days and a lot of Vitamin Q :-)

Bec said...

A lovely weekend, no a FANTASTIC weekend! What cold be better than having a friend over sharing the same intrests!
I love your needlework, doing a great job on butterfly garden.
Bec xxx

Darlene said...

A wonderful week end, indeed! Time with a good friend and family!

Angela said...

A Hitty doll. I play Hitty also. LOL I have several, but one in particular goes about with me. Hitty Anne is one I made from cloth and painted. Such fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails