Thursday, June 26, 2008

Positive thoughts - Friends

I visited Merethes blog and joined her challenge for this summer. This is what she said in her blog:
"Here's a positive challenge for you for July:
A photo every day, a thought, an experience.Will you make it?To give you excited, first and foremost. Memories of life benefits.Great if you blog now and then, or daily, over the summermonth of July, but it's not that easy for all of us (we know how it is with the 'net and vacation on the road, in the mountains or by the sea). Blog your memories from the summer of 2008 when you have time.Documents memories for yourself, and share them with us! "


Positive thoughts is what counts for me. Of course I have my bad days where everything is grey and difficult. But there is always something that makes your day a little more easy. Having a bad day I always sit down and think about at least three things that I appriciate.

One thing is FRIENDS.
Like today when my best friend Nancy came by for a little stop while driving from Grimstad (far south) to Mo i Rana (up north in Norway). It is always so nice to see friends, even if it is just for a short moment.

To phone a friend just to have a little chat about everything and nothing.
To have a friend you can share both happy thoughts
To have a friend who you can trust when you're having a difficult moment.
A friend you can sit down and quilt together with.
One you can party with.
One you can be together with without saying a word, sharing quiet moments.


So why not join Merethes challenge about blogging positive thoughts and memories during the summer. Positive thoughts gives us a happy day.

Saying for today:

A friend is what the heart needs all the time

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great post....friends are the best! Being positive is always a good thing. :)

Hanne said...

It is good to have friends - they are like diamonds in my life :-)

NoƩmia said...

Friends are the best of the world! It's good to share the joy of life, hapiness or only talking with them of every thing and nothing. It's funny you talk about friends today, because today I've thought that I have a few friends and that I must make some more.

merete said...

Venner har man valgt seg, og gode venner, - vel, der er gode, de!!!
Takk for pƄminnelsen!

We choose our friends, and the best of friends,- well, they are the very best, of course!
Thanks for the reminder!

ps. I've edited the text noe, - how could I choose wrong and misspell so many words?
Must be getting old there for a moment :-)

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog via Gudrun (Iceland) Agree that friends and positive thoughts go a long way to motivation and making for a happy life. Thanks for the hexagon tute. I have that ruler also but used it differently for a quilt I made in an "All-Night Session".
Cheers for now, I'll be back again soon.
Jenny (aka Jorja's Nanna)

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

What a good idea....do winter joys count?? fabulous tutorial for your hexagons, makes me want to hightail it straight to my sewing room! Tracey

jacquie said...

What a good idea. Friends are a blessing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails