Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I'm still here

Just discovered it's over a week since I lasted blogged. Time just fly to fast away. Please make it go a little slower.
The weather is wonderful. We have warm summer temperature. Not a cloud on the sky. I've finished my part of the paiting outside and can now relax on my porch. It's been many hours and hard work of paiting, but I made it. With good help from my DD and good friends. My boyfriend let me down and I've told him not to come anymore. And the best of all is that my arms/shoulders is still feeling good. I've been very very careful.

This weekend I went to Irene's cabin. And of course we girls had to have some fun. We hung up the swings and had to try them. We laughed and laughed and was probably a hilarious sight.
I did a little stitching this weekend.

Finished this block on Gail Pans sewing angels....................
and started stitching this one. Only this one and another one left to stitch now and I can sew them together. Stitchery is so fun and easy to bring with out in the sunshine. I've got so many questions about how I'm doing my stitchery so I'm planning a little tutorial to show you some tricks.
When I came back from the cabin I had got a package from USA. I'm part of a yahoo group "Crazyaboutpincushions" and we've had a swap making heart pincushions. And now I got mine from my swap partner Susan W (no blogger)
This is what she made for me. A beautiful heartshaped pincushion in soft colours (LOVE IT). She had also made me a stickpin/hatpin and somthing to hang on my scissor. And some beautiful fabrics.
And this is what I posted to her. All of us had to make the same pincushion, but it is fun to see how different all of them became. Some added laces, some did embroidery on them aso. And of course I had to add a little stitchery as extra suprise for my swap partner. And it's fun to hear that she loves to do stitchery.
Today after work I helped Irene in the quiltshop preparing for some quiltladies coming on a trip to the shop on saturday. And we got a lovely visitor while being there. Laila's grandcat Cyan came along to inspect the shop. She's and Russian blue with lovely green eyes. And she was so curious on everything in the shop.


I've just discovered this QUILTING BLOGGERS. And when I opened the list of norwegian bloggers I discovered I was already listed there. Together with some of my norwegian best friends. Wonder who put me/us on that list. It's worth looking at this link because they are now linking 571 quilt bloggers, and the number is still increasing.



Saying for today:
Men and fish are alike . . .
they both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

15 comments:

Nancy in Norway said...

Good to hear from you again! Your trip to Irenes cabin sounds like a real vitamin injection! Just what "the doctor" ordered!!

Hanne said...

Sounds like you had a great time with Irene at her cabin.

Very good saying today :-)

I am looking forward to see you on Friday !!

Mishka said...

Hi May,

I added about 400 quilting bloggers before the site officially launched. These were sites I had found over the past several months.

Thank you for posting about my site. I appreciate the support. :)

Michele
Quilting Gallery

blueberrylane said...

Glad your painting is finished...finished here also . Sorry your man was no help, so dissapointing for you .

Julie in the Barn said...

You must feel a great sense of accomplishment getting all that painting done. I'm really looking forward to your stitchery tutorial. I love your beautiful handwork!

Thimbleanna said...

I love that picture of you on the swing -- you look like you're having a great time. Love the pincushions too!

whitey said...

I HAVE BEEN READING YOUR BLOG FOR A WHILE AND HAVE ENJOYED IT! THANKS FOR THE LINK TO QUILTERS BLOGGER I HAVE SPENT AN HOUR TRAVELING THE WORLD AND ENJOYING THE QUILTS. THANK YOU AGAIN

Stina Blomgren said...

Good of you to take some time of and spent quality time with friends...that is the best time spent! Agree on the saying today!Take care...

Bec said...

I love reading your blog and watching your stitching progress. Looking forward to seeing your Butterfly Garden blocks next week..... I am up to about the same place as you and need to get a move along!
Bec xxx

Libby said...

Playing on the swings is a great way to stay young-at-heart *s* Thanks for sharing the blogger link . . . fun to surf around.

Chocolate Cat said...

Glad to hear your painting is finished. The trip to the cabin looks like it was a lot of fun. Good for the soul!

SusanPatch said...

Hi Aby. Congrat. for your nice blog. I visit you almost every day and love all your quilting projects.
The pincushion fabric is terrific. Can you tell me name of manufacturer?
Warmest regards from Spain.
Susana

quiltygal said...

Thanks for visiting I am amazed at the response to my giveaway Love you on the swing what fun we have to remember sometimes to have fun like children:))but then again we quilt how much more fun can you have.
Claire

Anne Ida said...

Happy you finished the paint job! After that you really deserved to relax and have fun with Irene at the cabin :o)

Your blocks look great! And wonderful pincushions!

Take care! Hugs...

merete said...

Hope Hanne makes your day the same way Irene does, - sorry to read that not all is happy-happy in the land of men&women.
Take care!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails