Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Herbs and An angel story

Today I've visited a garden full of herbs. It was fun to walk around and look at and smell all the wonderful herbs. And I took some photos , so enjoy the show......







When I came home I had got a mail from Stina. She showed some time ago a WISP she had found in her sewingroom. It was "An Angel Story" designed by Anni Downs. I've told her that I too had some blocks hidden some where in my sewingroom, and now she is challenging me to find them and join her and Marica in finishing this project.

So I went into my sewingroom and found this box. It was actually not hidden, found it right away, so it's no excuse why it's abandoned for so long.
This is my 7 of 14 blocks that are done. So half way done with the applique/stitchery blocks. I remember they were fun to make, so why did they get lost in my sewingroom. Other projects of course. Other new fun books and patterns that I had to try. New fabrics.

Do I now start on this project again? Have to think about it for some days. Too late to start anything today. Perhaps tomorrow. Maybe I prepare some more blocks to applique/stitch sitting outside on the porch this summer.


I've also made an agreement with Hanne that our Leannes House ,which we both are handquilting, have to be finished before desember 31th. That's a promise. And have you seen the Summer Strip Challenge she have posted. While visiting me this weekend we talked about starting a challenge to activate you bloggers during the summer. I have some jelly rolls in my sewingroom and want to try to make something out of them. Kim has made a badge for us to use.


Saying for today:

Do what you love and love what you do!


16 comments:

Bec said...

I love herb gardens, used to have a lot of pots of them as a teenager but somehow through the years they didn't survive all my moving about. You have inspired me to make plans for a herb garden alongside my new vegetable garden. Thanks!

Your 'Angels Story' looks fantastic - can you post a picture of the fabrics for the quilt??? Love the colours in the appliques.
Bec xxx

Libby said...

What a fun tour at the herb garden . . . did you get to bring any home?

Elin said...

In fact I've got this Angle book in my shelf, but made nothing from it. The book is very "pink", and I see that your colours are different, and better, I think. I've seen this quilt somewhere on a blog in strong colours, more purple I think, and that was really nice. Do you think I should go for Hanne's new challenge?

~Marica~ said...

Of course you will take our challenge to make your Angel Story done..I know Stina had done more then you and me but I think we´ll make it :)

You had choose lovley colours to your quilt..

Take care!

Unknown said...

Wow so many beautiful pictures today, you are ahead of us here with the flowers blooming.

Chocolate Cat said...

The herb garden looks beautiful, bet it smelt good!

Inger said...

Nice pictures from the herb garden. I have just particiipated the challanges at Hanne's corner in using 2,5" strips. Have a nice week.

Stina Blomgren said...

Beautiful pictures at that garden!! And the fragrance at a herb garden...Mmmmm...lovely...
Ohh ..you found them!! In a tin box too...;D They are lovely and definetly needs to be done!! Ok...I´m in the lead...*S*...but I seem to hop on everything else!! Guess we can figure out a date...just let me know!

Anonymous said...

Oh May your Anni Downs project looks gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished now.

Ruth said...

The Angels Story blocks are so cute! Love their skinny legs.

NoƩmia said...

Lovely herbs and beautiful fotos! Yesterday I also pick up my tea herbs, in my farm, and I left them to dry.

Cheryl said...

Great pictures of the gardens.Such vibrant colors. Great box that you found, and now you have something wonderful to ponder :-)!

HerzBlatt said...

I love herbs and use a lot of them for cooking. And I have a lot of those boxes full of quilts I didn`t finish. I love it finding them.
Would like to sit with you on your porch!!
Have a nice time
Iris

Quilts And Pieces said...

Poor melting snowman. But my those herbs are GORGEOUS!

Mary Johnson said...

So what are you going to make from your Jelly Roll?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails