Saturday, March 07, 2009

Grundsetmartn

Grundsetmartn is a tradition that has lasted for over 400 years. And it is probably Norways oldest traditional market. From old time they came to Elverum to trade and sell their goods. And still we try to keep the traditions like it has been for hundred of years......


with horses
stands where they sell their things

warm coffee on the fire

and all kind of sausages and honey cakes.
It is always a lot of music, dance,
all kind of handmade things to buy and a lot of people.

It was a fun day at the market.


******************

Tomorrow I am going to a workshop. I intended to use only from my stash, but of course I had to buy something while visiting the quiltshop today.
I thought I had enough linen at home, but I had done some stupid cutting in that piece, so of course I had to buy a new one. And there was also a linen with roses on that will go perfect with it, so that one also came home with me.

We are going to make a table runner tomorrow and I think I will make one with lime, yellow and brown that will be my easter table runner.....................I think He he he he......... I have the whole evening to change my plans (read; fabrics, colours)


Saying for today:

Whoever said money can't buy happiness
simply didn't know where to go shopping.


19 comments:

Oddbjørg said...

Gleder meg til å se hva du får sydd av disse nydelige stoffene!
Lykke til i morgen!

Lise in Norway said...

Lovely colors. The roses on the linnen are good.Like your choise of color. Have a nice weekend

Anne said...

Artig på mart'n tenker jeg! Vakre stoffer også. likte spesielt linstoffet med rosene, spennende!!

Cheryl said...

Your fabric is so pretty. I can't wait to see your runner.

2ne said...

Koselig bilde av lasskjørerne. Min datter har vært med på lasskjører turen i år og det har vært en opplevelse. Du får ha lykke til med sying i dag - gleder meg til å se resultatet.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful market... and fabrics!
Have a GREAT timeat your workshop (love the colors for your Easter tablerunner ;>)

NADINE

Chocolate Cat said...

Love the photos from Grundsetmartn. That rose linen is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your table runner.

Nina In Norway said...

Så nasjonalromatisk. Koselig. Flotte bilder.
Stoffene du har valt er nydelige. Dette kan kommer til å bli en flott påskeløper. Gleder meg til å se fortsettelsen.

Joy said...

Those markets look like such fun!!!
I really like your fabric choices for the table runner. I'm like you, I change my mind about colours and fabrics umpteen times when I'm planning a project ... funny though, I quite often come back to the first ones I chose LOL.
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Betsy said...

The market seems like something I would definetly enjoy.
Love your fabric selection May Britt.

Cathy said...

How wonderful to have traditions like that where you live!!! Enjoy your workshop today....what colour is it now??? lol, Cathy

Teresa said...

What a fun tradition - although it does look awfully cold in those horse drawn buggies.

Aussie Nanna said...

thanks for the photos of the traditional market....one day I would love toexperience things like that!
Love your fabrics for the table runner....especially the rose linen!
Your saying for today is soooo true!

Unknown said...

We will just have to wait and see what your final decision will be.

Maria Harrits said...

Glæder mig til at se hvad du endte ud med at sy din løber af!

Ozjane said...

What a wonderful tradition that market is.

The linen is most attractive and I enjoy the colors around it.

Libby said...

The market sounds like a wonderful tradition to look forward to each year.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Grundsetmartn looks so cool! It kind of reminds me of ChristKindlMarkt at xmas time!

Tim fra Martnar said...

Hi Nice article and photos from Grundsetmartn.

More information about old classic markets in Norway at http://www.martnar.no ...norwegian language :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails