Sunday, March 08, 2009

Workshop

You all remember the fabrics from yesterdays post. And now I will show you what I ended up with. The colours I choose first, or did I change it during the day.

We had a great day at the quiltshop. It was basicly how to learn to machinequilt. But the result would at the end of the day be a table runner. First there was a lot of practice on samplers. Will not show you mine. You would all laugh if you saw it hehehe.
It was a lot of concentration while machinequilting. Smooth curves, difficult patterns, stright lines.
I'm ready to start quilting on my tablerunner. I have been machinequilting a little before, but it is always exciting to see how it will look like this time.

Because of the small stripes of teared fabrics we had to use "fabric" that you wash away (do not know what you call it ) to keep them on place while quilting.


That "fabric" washed away and my table runner is hanging over the bathtub to drip dry.

And this is the result. I used the fabric I picked yesterday. The colours on the photo is not correct because it's taken in lamplight. More correct colours is in the photo above. Now I just have to sew on the binding. It was a fun workshop and I have learned a lot.
Saying for today:
Old seamstresses never go crazy,
they just stay on pins and needles!!

13 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hi May--it is sooo much fun to take classes!!! I took alot of them last year here at my local quilt shop and learned and laughed through them all. But as for machine quilting--I have not tried that one--I like hand quilting--but if you could see my pile of finished "tops" waiting for me to find time to hand quilt them--you'd say--forget it and send those "babies" out to get long-armed!!!! Happy Stitching, Di from quiltingisblissful.blogspot.com

Lurline said...

Oh, May - your runner is really lovley - nice to learn new techniques!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Betsy said...

MayBritt, your runner is so pretty. sounds like you had a blast learning to do this too.

Anne said...

Denne ble helt rålekker! Super kombinasjon av farger, stoffer og quilting. Noe sånt skulle jeg gjerne hatt på mitt bord...

Quilts And Pieces said...

Very cool!

Two said...

Oj, denne teknikken passar meg!! Men lurer litt på framgangsmåten, er stoffet rive litt skeivt eller har du lagt det i svinger? Og måtte du legge slikt "vask-bort stoff" over heile, hadde det vore nok å ha det over der mønsteret er? Kjempefin påskeløper blir dette, no inspirerte du meg virkelig!! Tusen takk!

Stina Blomgren said...

Ohh...sounds interesting... you need to tell me more.. :o)
Love the tablerunner...

Ozjane said...

I think you mean wash away stabiliser.
It does look to be an interesting class.

Unknown said...

It looks great and very unusual.

Tone Yvonne said...

Hei, hei

Nå har jeg lagt ut mitt prosjekt for mars......

Ser at du også har vært opptatt på kurs i helge :o) Resultatet ble jo kjempefint!!!

Jeg har tilbrakt en flott helg med Hanne og Anne Ida, ja og Jane da :o)

Ha en riktig fin uke!!

klem

Judith Tetley said...

Very interesting class May. I need one on machine quilting too. Love the way the colours came up on your wall hanging. Well done!
Kind Regards
Judith
www.creativestudio10.blogspot.com

MamaDaniel said...

Love your runner.. tq -zila, Kuala Lumpur-

pip said...

Se flot ud din nye bordløber og en ganske smart teknik der blev anvendt, det er altid dejligt at se nye ting/teknikker. Ha en god kreativ uge.

Related Posts with Thumbnails