Friday, August 21, 2009

At last

I got this beautiful Lecien roll of fabrics for christmas some years ago. It has always been at display in my sewingroom because I loved it so much. I have looked at it soooooooooooo many times, but have not been able to unknot the silkribbon around it.
Until now. This weekend it will be a part of a new project. Look at all these wonderful colours. Although it was sooooo hard to open this roll, I look forward to make something out of it. The perfect project have finally been revealed. I am meeting some other girls and Hanne is going to give us a workshop. We were allowed to cut the stripes needed for this project, but coming to use the rotary cutter on these wonderful fabrics was even harder than open the roll. So I will use late days at work/meetings in the evening as an excuse for not doing my homework LOL. This will be a fun weekend.
And to all of you who commented
on my tidy sewingroom.........

it is not so tidy anymore.


working on Stitchers Angel pattern for you.
So just a little sneakpeak of it.
And it is so fun that I got a mail from my secret angel yesterday. She was giving some clues of where she was living, but I have no idea. The clues can be linked to at least two different countries LOL
Saying for today:
If you want to be happy, be!
- Henry David Thorreau

20 comments:

mascanlon said...

Such lovely fabric, I can't wait to see what you make with them. And your sewing room is just looking loved!

Stina Blomgren said...

Ahh.. how could you??????
Pheew.. I know it must have been hard opening it.. but I think it was just the right time for it..:o)) And they are gorgeous!!! Cant wait till you show what they are going to be used for... have fun with the girls!!!
ANd ...hmm the little peek looks just wonderful..:o))) Long for that one too!!! *S*

Sandi said...

Beautiful fabrics, I can't wait to see what you are making with them.

My sewing room (old railway carriage) doesn't stay tidy for long, once I start sewing :)
Have fun on your sewing weekend :)

Nancy in Norway said...

Oooohhhhhh you have to use those lovely fabrics now. I just been to Gave & Interiør and Leiciens new fabrics are beautifull. You will love the colours. Must have :-) Stof.dk new fabric line is amazing. I fell in love with them.

Karen said...

I don't think I could have waited as long as you to wait to at least open the roll of fabric. It looks beautiful. Must be a very special project to think about using the fabric.

szkornelia said...

I also like these fabrics a lot. I cannot wait to see what comes out of them. :)

siv hege said...

See you soon! (Ooops, haven`t done the homework either......)

allsewnup said...

Oh you tease, that's kinda cruel to make us wait but thank you for the peek at this gorgeous fabric.

Carolyn*

Carin said...

Those fabrics are beautiful, I am excited to see what you make with them.

Ulli said...

Those fabrics are delicious, very brave of you to finally use them ;-) Can't wait to see, what you'll transform them into this weekend. Thanks for teasing. Your sewing room looks still inviting if you ask me...

Joy said...

Mmmmm, they're just delish!!!
Ok, you've managed step 1 - opening the ribbon. But I really think step 2 might be MUCH harder. When you do take that step, make sure you have lavender scented candles on hand to calm the nerves ... and a bit of choccy wouldn't go astray either he he he.
Can't wait to see what you make!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Karen said...

Beautiful beautiful fabrics - isn't it hard to use them, lol. I always have such a hard time making that first cut into a fabric I love. Now that's how a sewing room should look - it being used for your creative spirit.

Karen

Annette said...

Pretty fabrics! Looks like you are putting your sewing room to very good use :-)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Such lovely fabric - I can see why you wanted to just admire it. Your sewing room looks very productive.

Maria Harrits said...

Nej oprydeligt er dit syrum ikke længere, men det ser skønt aktivt ud og det er jo det bedste! Mit er også ved at tage form - efter første tur i IKEA!:-)

Roseanne said...

The fabric is very nice .I will have to come back to your blog to see what you make with that fabric.
X Razzy

Unknown said...

The fabrics are beautiful.

Unknown said...

I love those fabrics! I know it´s hard to cut....

a good yarn said...

I'm still oggling my bundle of Sachet Potpourri fat quarters. Good to see that your sewing room gets used.

Leanne said...

I love those fabrics I remember using some of them. I am sure when you have cut them and used them they will be as beautiful as that roll. An untidy sewing room is a used sewing room well that is my excuse.

Related Posts with Thumbnails