Sunday, January 13, 2013

A day at Kathrines Quiltestue

001

Yesterday I was so happy I got the opportunity to spend several hours at Kathrines Quiltestue in Oslo.  I love this shop.  Always so many temptations.  The main reason for visiting the quiltshop was to find border and backing for my basket quilt. Now when all my basketblocks are done and I just have a little left to applique on the center block, the next step is to sew the quilt together.
I had a lot of fabric to choose between, but the one I choose for the border was the first one my eyes spotted when I came into the shop.  And the backing is sooooooooooo beautiful.

002

Always a lot of inspiration in this shop.  And I regret not buying the pattern for this tablecloth (hanging on the wall), but I will meet Kathrine in two weeks when I am going to give a workshop in Østerled, so I guess I am going to spend some money then.

003004005006007008009

I  really had some great hours in the shop.  Met some new quilters and got a lot of inspiration.

010

This is the border and the backing for my basket quilt. The backing is SO beautiful, and this quilt (read; all quilts) deserves a beautiful backing, I bought 4 yards of this and regret not buying more.  And I think the red fabric will be perfect as border for this quilt. 

011

And of course there was some 30cm that just had to come home with me.  The red and white ones I will be using in my “This goes with that” quilt.  The blue and brown fabric just yelled my name, even though I am not very comfortable sewing with blue fabrics.  But it looks like I am coming there.

Saying for today:560573_373192442765760_1332716945_n

18 comments:

Elin said...

JA ein dag i Mekka gjer godt! Like greitt å få brukt litt pengar på nye-året og, kan eg tenkje meg.. Takk for dei fine bileta. Du har verkeleg ein god smak når det gjeld stoff. Gledar meg til å sjå den ferdige quilten! Og den duken ser spanande ut, den såg eg ikkje då eg var der i starten av november. Håpar Kathrine legg ut litt mønster på bloggen sin.

De said...

Lovely fabrics and what a lovely shop!

Edny sine puslerier said...

Kjempefin butikk! Det er jammen ikke lett å velge i en slik godtebutikk, men jammen var det fine biter du hadde plukket ut;) Og jeg er sikker på at de blir til vakre produkter.

Grete said...

Jeg er skikkelig spent på å se kurvquilten ferdig! Jammen har du sydd raskt!

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

For noen herlige bilder! Mange flotte tepper der! Det ble med noen fine skatter hjem sammen med deg, og jeg gleder meg til å se når du har fått satt sammen toppen på basket teppet. Det kommer til å bli lekkert!
Ha en flott ny uke!

sewkalico said...

That's a gorgeous shop! Love your fabric choices! !

paulette said...

What a gorgeous shop!! Love your purchases!! SWOON!
P

Nana's Quilts said...

It is sooooo HARD when there are so many beautiful fabrics. How do you choose? But I guess we can't buy them all, but oh my. . . . . .
Marne

Susan said...

Beautiful choices for your finishing fabrics. I can see why you enjoy visiting that store, so many gorgeous fabrics. I'm looking forward to seeing your baskets finished.

DAWNIE said...

The basket look great and yes u wouldnhave been in yiour element in that shop, suchnnice fabrics. Psmlove the hanging one too, you will weaken and buy, that i know

Yvonne W said...

What a beautiful shop. Of course you have to buy some of the gorgeous fabrics--lovely choice of fabrics.

Radka said...

Oh, how can you even leave a shop like this one? I would just move in and live there :-))

Tone Yvonne said...

Alltid noe fint å finne der :0)

Ser at teppet ditt snart er ferdig. Det blir så fint, gleder meg til å se resten!

Ha en fortsatt fin mandagskveld ♥

klem fra Yvonne

Lupe Z Lluch said...

A very nice store... and your precious fabrics.
Is very nice your basquet quilt.

BESITOS

Ondrea said...

THose fabrics are just perfect to finish off your beautiful basket quilt. I am looking forward to seeing it finished. What a fabulous shop!

Ozjane said...

that shop is very lovely and tempting and I am glad it is not around the corner from me.
I can get into enough trouble buying online.

Trines hobby said...

ÅÅÅ skulle ønske jeg bodde nærmere denne butikken, her ser det ut til å være mye pent:) Flotte stoffer du tar med hjem:))

mascanlon said...

This is going to be so beautiful May Britt! And you should be so proud of yourself finishing off all the baskets in pretty short order. I totally understand about backings. I did the Scrappytripalong earlier this month and have been obsessing about the back. Think I finally decided and will order it tonight!

Related Posts with Thumbnails