Sunday, January 27, 2013

Workshop in Østerled and my NEW sewingmachine

001

Yesterday Hanne and I was invited to give workshops (among with 3 other teachers) in Østerled.  This is a yearly happening in Østfold and it was so fun to meet new and old friends.  This was the first time for me giving workshop here and I really enjoyed it.  Never have 16 ladies been so quiet.  They were so concentrated in their sewing and got a lot done.

005

This year Kathrines Quiltestue was invited to have a shop there.  And they had filled the classroom with a lot of goodies.

006007009012013

I think all the ladies went home with a lot of inspiration and new fabric this weekend.

020

This is my class.  Half the class had already gone home when the “show and tell” started.  But all of them had finished their hearts to make this quilt.

019

Hannes class. She teached “sewing on the line”.

And the three other classes.

016017022

All ladies had so much fun during their classes.

033

During the lunch break I got the oportunity to visit the quiltshop and of course some goodies had to come home with me.  Have tried this new scissor today and I love it. 

But the best of all

when I came home late yesterday

this box was waiting for me

036

My new sewingmachine!!!!!!!!!

Me doing a happy dance

but I was too tired to open the box yesterday

039

But today I have played with my new toy, and I LOVE MY NEW SEWINGMACHINE. 

Saying for today:

65844_10151219039566641_1829839181_n

20 comments:

Grethe said...

Flott post,visste at mange kjente skulle på kurset ditt og Hannes:-) Grattis med ny maskin!
Jeg også,min har ligget i esken i snart 2 mnd :-)

Hanne said...

Thanks for a lovely day! We sure got a lot of Vitamin Q. Have fun with your new machine :-)

Kate said...

Have fun with your new 'toy'!

Anonymous said...

So nice to have a new sewing machine. Can you machine quilt with it? I am looking to buy a sewing machine with that possibilty and everyone talks about the Bernina or the Pfaff but no one really talks about the Janome, so curious.

“Old World Goodies” said...

I am doing the happy dance with and for you, on that your "new BABY".
Like the new goodies that came home with you. Plus your workshop looks soooooo much fun.
Thanks for sharing

Yvonne W said...

The workshops looked like fun with lovely pieces to learn to do. Have a wonderful time with your new sewing machine!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great photos ...looks like you had a ball.....and how good are these machines, I love mine May Britt....have fun and enjoy....

Gudveig HN said...

Takk for titten! Moro med kurs og vis&fortell.
Gratulerer med ny symaskin! Håper du blir fornøyd med den.

Grete said...

Så mange flinke damer!
Gratulerer med ny maskin! Jeg har maken, har hatt den et par måneder, og jeg er kjempefornøyd med den, men det er ennå mye å lære.....!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Congratulations on your new machine! Enjoy!

Susan said...

Your workshop looks like it went well. Enjoy your new toy today.

Nana's Quilts said...

Oh my goodness - a new machine!!!That is very, very exciting. Good wishes to you both (you and the new machine.) I hope you have many years of a wonderful relationship. :-)

I think you demonstrated much restraint. I think I would have bought more than you.

Bon Chance
Marne

Karen said...

How exciting for you - your new machine is finally home :)and you got to take it out for a drive - I bet it handled wonderful. What a great classroom you had - lots of bright light. I saw several wonderful things that could have come home with me from that vendor - of course it's always the applique quilts that pull me in. The goodies you brought home were so pretty. happy sewing on your new machine
Hugs - karen

Ondrea said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day with lots of lovely people. Hope you have fun with your new sewing machine.

Roos said...

Your new sewingmachine is awesome, I hope you may have a lot of fun with it.

Katie said...

What a wonderful workshop space. It looks very comfortable.

Congratulations! I'm so happy you love your new sewing machine! :-)

LuAnn said...

I just know that you and Hanne had a lovely time together. Enjoy your new sewing machine.

bodilshobby.blogg.no said...

Gratulerer så masse med ny symaskin. Den blir nok en kjær venn :-) Mye flott dere laget på kursene.

Chookyblue...... said...

enjoy your new machine........looks wonderful.....

Lemi said...

Åh suuper maskin!! Æ har 7700 :) denna kjem du t å kooooose deg med!

Related Posts with Thumbnails