Sunday, January 06, 2013

First finish in 2013

002

In my sewingroom there is a pile of quilts ready to be quilted. Some are already basted and some I just have the top ready.  Walking into my sewingroom today I told myself that Sundays will be the day that I work on one quilt in this pile.  Hopefully there will be some finishes.

003

This is the one I picked for todays work.  Leannes Beasley’s “At home stitching” from Homespun magazine several years ago. It has been ready basted for a long time, but I had not decided whether I should machinequilt it or handquilt it.  But today I traced the lines with my heramarker.

004

And started to handquilt it. Long time since I handquilted, and I realised I have missed it.

005

Several hours later I have a finish.  My first finish in 2013 and I really love this little quilt.  Now I have to find the right place to hang it.

Saying for today:

388329_402489829836021_1826240972_n

23 comments:

Annelies said...

I wish you all the best for 2013.
What a beautiful finish !

Hanne said...

Well done - cute quilt :-)

Tone Yvonne said...

Dag 6 i januar og du har allerede klart å gjøre ferdig et prosjekt! Hurra for deg! Så gøy :0)

Riktig godt nytt år til deg :0)

klem

Dolores said...

Good for you. A finish already and the year is so young. At this rate, all of your UFOs will be done by the end of the year.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, congratulations !
I'm sure you'll find the right place to hang it...
I've got that patterns, and now you give me the will of doing it ;>)

XOXOXOXO
NADINE

Grethe said...

Flott LB quilt May Britt og gode ord på trettendedagjul :))

Susan said...

It's a beautiful finish. Lovely choice of fabrics too.

Unknown said...

Lovely finish, i love these fabrics.

Kaaren said...

Congratulations, May Britt. It looks wonderful!

Cecilie said...

Veldig koselig lite teppe! Det var flott med håndquiltingen.

Anne said...

Well done on a beautiful finish. I am just discovering the delights of hand quilting. I am really enjoying it. :0)

Unknown said...

love it...want it! :) love your blog too! ~karen

Ondrea said...

LOve the stitchery and how you have bordered it. What is the heramarker? I am a handquilter and would love to know how you use it.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely May Britt...great start

LuAnn said...

What a wonderful stitchery to have for the winter time. I look forward to seeing more of your finishes!

“Old World Goodies” said...

Great Job, beautiful one
thank you for sharing

Elaine said...

Congratulations on the first of what I am sure will be many finishes this year!

Teresa said...

Love the little wall hanging and you do the most beautiful embroidery. Congratulations on your first finish of the year!

bodilshobby.blogg.no said...

Nydelig!

mascanlon said...

A perfect finish to start off the year May Britt! I have been making blocks the past week as part of the Scrappytripalong that took over Instagram right before New Years...just what I needed..a new project but its been lots of fun and I will finish the top tomorrow! My first UFO of 2013!

Stina Blomgren said...

It's lovely!!
Wanted to do this years ago...but never got to it...so be happy to have one!!! :0))
On the other hand it's not to late to start on one..lol...

Marne said...

Oh - that is wonderful. Actually you remind me that I have a credit at amazon.com. Perhaps I can see if they have book of Leanne B's. patterns. I always love the things that you make of hers. Wishing you a very happy new year. Stay warm and dry.
Marne

Quilter Kathy said...

A fabulous finish! What a lovely quilt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails