Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I have been to a quilt class

Yesterday I visit the quiltshop to join a class. Do you remember long time ago that I bought some fabric . I intended to make a bag of this. And yesterday was the first meeting starting to do this bag. My friend Bjørg has designed this bag, and she does a wonderfull job designing patterns. This is what I managed to do in three hours yesterday. The bag has a lot of very fun details, pockets aso. And we got a lot of homework untill next time.
I also want to show you the quilt I have on the wall in my office. Being a quilter demands that I decorate even my officewall. And I think this witch explains who I am LOL This is made after a pattern from Lise Bergene.

Back to work. My days are toooooo busy at the time. But I had to blog a little bit although I am at work LOL

Oh....just realised that down in the hall at my officebuilding there is a very beautiful big quilt. I will take a photo tomorrow and show you. The details of it is very special.

15 comments:

Cynthia said...

i like the fabric you are using for your bag. I can't wait to see it finished.

I also like the quilt you have hanging in your office. Does it hang there all year round or do you alternate with another quilt?

Anonymous said...

I love the "windows" on the side of your halloween wall hanging!

Joyce said...

The fabrics on your bag are fantastic. I love the orange. I am assuming it's batik. Can't wati to see the finished bag.

Hedgehog said...

I have big white walls in my new office here in Finland and really want to make something for them! Thanks for the inspiration. In the meantime I have a small Romanian rug hanging up - I'll have to bring a camera to post a picture. I love the windows on the side of the Halloween quilt!

Anonymous said...

Do you use your employers time to blog isn't that kind of "stealing" the paid time from your employer? If you had employd someone i.e. if you have hired a gardner to work for you - would you be happy if he used the time you paid for to blog - don't think so.

May Britt said...

Have to give an answer to what anonymouse comment to this. I can do whatever I want in my half hour lunchbreak. And today I was eating my sandwich while I blogged a bit. That is my way to relax from a stressing job. So I am not stealing paid time from my employer LOL

Patti said...

Love the witch May! Isn't it the pits to be at work instead of quilting? I can certainly relate to that. I think we'd rather be quilting than almost anywhere else!

KC Quilter said...

The witch quilt is so adorable!! I really like how you did the wonky windows!

Hanne said...

I am looking forward to see your bag :-)

Linda C said...

Too cute, May Britt and good job on your bag progress.

Nancy said...

And I'm reading your blog from my office. :-) Just getting ready to leave.

I like your office decoration. I have a number of small quilts on my office wall.

Jenni said...

Where do you park your broom while in the office May Britt? I have to leave mine in the locker room LOL!

Julia said...

Love the quilt May Britt,
The bags looks like it will be lovely...can't wait to see it finished...I love bags.

Anonymous said...

Mase fint du har laget .Halloween quilten falt jeg fullstendig for . Var det den som var etter et mønster av Lise Bergene ?

abeautifulcraft said...

Really lovely May!

Related Posts with Thumbnails