Friday, September 08, 2006

Visiting Hanne

I'm back :) Have missed you all. Being away from home for a whole week, but now I am home again. Luckily I was in front of a computer all the time at the work class and managed to read blogs and mails every day, but not able to blog myself :( I had brought several projects to quilt on if I got free time in the evenings. And I did.
Yesterday I visit my friend Hanne. We have known eachother for a long time. And now when I stayed not far away from her, I brought my quiltingbag with me and went for a visit. We had a great time as you see. Hanne is laughing, probably at me :) After inspecting all her books and sewingroom we spendt the time sewing. Hannes DD took this picture of us together.


Hanne had made this beautiful heart for me. I love it. Thank you Hanne. I think you too have been hit by the CQ bug also.

I had brought one of my projects. I bought this book at the annual meeting in the Norwegian Quilt Association this year. I had seen it before, but did not fall for it then. But now I saw a quilt made in other colours. And I just had to buy the book.

I have made eight blocks so far. In my colours. Red, green and yellow. I love doing application with freezer paper. I do not know how many blocks I will make. I have prepared several blocks already. They are laying in an envelope ready to be done. That is so easy to have if I am going for a visit and want to have something to sew on......as yesterday visiting Hanne. The one down in the left corner on the bottom picture is the one I am working on now. I am going to prepare dinner now. After that I have to look up my quilts which I am going to exhibit tomorrow. The library at Flisa (my hometown) asked me to show my quilts there. And of cours I want to do that. I will take some pictures there tomorrow after hanging them up on the walls.

20 comments:

Hedgehog said...

Glad you had a nice visit! Congratulations on the library show! And the applique blocks are beautiful - what are you going to do with them?

Patti said...

I've had that book for years - what beautiful little blocks you've made from it!

Looks like you and Hanne had a super time. Spending time with quilting friends is just the best.

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of the two of you!

I love those blocks that you have done so far, great fabrics...

Katjaquilt said...

What a nice applique you are doing. I'm not very good in applique but the teatcher at my applique class told me that it is not a good idea to start with the tiny pieces of a Dear Jane block ;-) So maybe I will look for a project with bigger pieces to start with.

Darlene said...

You spent time with Hanne - that's wonderful. Laughing, sharing, chatting and sewing = FUN!

Your applique blocks are adorable - you do incredible work.

Judy said...

What a fun time you two had!!

Those blocks are amazing! Quite intricate and tiny!

Linda C said...

May Britt, it sounds and looks like you two had a wonderful time visiting--good for the both of you!

The blocks are stunning and I believe your color selection is much nicer than the ones on the color. Sometimes looking at pictures makes it harder to imagine how it might look with different fabrics but you have definitely gotten passed that!

Please do take pictures of your quilts at the library!

Libby said...

Your new blocks are so nice. Such a classic color combination - pleasing to the eye and never goes out of style.
Glad you had such a fun visit with your friend -- nothing like an afternoon of friendship, laughter ans stitching.

Hanne said...

Seeing the photo, the blocks and all brings a broad smile to my face. It was a lovely evening - quilters vitamines :-)
Let us do it again before long !

Susan said...

Love the heart Hanne made, and those blocks are beautiful! I love your colors, too. Glad you are back home where you can blog again. Missed you!

Julia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julia said...

Love the heart Hanne made you, and those blocks are beautiful! you have done beautiful applique..this will be a beautiful quilt,
Glad you are back home where you can blog again.

Cynthia said...

glad to have you back. The CQ heart Hanne gave you is lovely.

Your appliqued blocks are also lovely. What size are they? I like the colors you have chosen.

Finn said...

Glad you are back with us again..*VBS* And how nice that you got to visit Hanne!! A great picture of the two of you. Hugs, Finn

MARCIE said...

Hi May, Welcome to blogland! Something new for us to become addicted to! Your needle work is beautiful! I am glad you are blogging so that we can enjoy what you are doing. What on earth did you say to Hanne? It is so fun to visit with old friends and especially when you have quilting in common. Beautiful heart she gave you! I haven't heard of fabric decoupage, but the angel is adorable.

Bhavani Harikrishnan said...

wow! And Wow! again. This is beautiful!
good health and cheer to you and your family'
Bhavani

Brigitte said...

Hi May britt,
good to see you laughing with Hanne, she is a darling! I visited your blog several time and love to return to it daily now. Please: you wrote >She had used fabric decopage and a napkin< Would you please tell how this works??? thank you in advance
Brigitte Baierl from Germany

Marlublu said...

I just love your applique blocks. I will have to try to find that book since applique is my favorite type of hand work and I also use the freezer type method.It's great to have a friend you can quilt with. I do that with my neighbor and we have a great time. Please post a picture of your work in progress. I would like to see more of your applique.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Those little blocks are absolutely charming - love the colors you picked! Glad that you had a good visit with Hanne and what a nice heart she made you!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Tonya Ricucci said...

beautiful quilt blocks - I love the colors. congratulations on having a quilt show!

Related Posts with Thumbnails